Flexible bookings periods

For topics that are specific to mountain locations, please go here.
Beanie

Flexible bookings periods

Post by Beanie »

We were just discussing our 'ideal' ski holiday length and are quite liking the idea of 10 days.

However, I just wondered how feasible it might be to actually book self-catering accommodation for 10'ish days either in the Winter or Summer months. Or perhaps try to arrive avoiding a Saturday when airports are always mobbed.

Any thoughts?

B.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We are as flexible with dates in the skiing season as we are the rest of the year. The irritating thing is that the skiers are far more likely to book Saturday to Saturday than visitors at other times of the year so our cleaners end up doing a lot more weekend cleaning than they would like to! We find our guests love the flexibility to take advantage of cheap flights or ferries and Germans are less likely to take full weeks for skiing these days (in their own country, that is).
Martha

Post by Martha »

Tricky to find in France! We offer it outside peak season and lots of people like it - but it suits as if there are small gaps, we often go ourselves. I agree, 10 days is a nice length of time. UK agencies might be a good source of places - I know our old agency, Bigfoot, offer complete flexibility.

Summer definitely more flexible.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

Useful to know Margaret. Out of interest, do you find you lose out on part weeks as a consequence, or do parties tend to slot in quite neatly?

Martha - suspected as much. We were pretty rigid in peak ski and summer months.

B.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We always get some white spaces on the calendar but sometimes we need that to be able to cope with the cleaning! On the whole, people are slotting in very well, especially this year, when people are even changing their dates in order to get an apartment.