Review gotomadeiraisland.com needed

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
RBQueiros

Review gotomadeiraisland.com needed

Post by RBQueiros »

Hi ppl,

I´ve made a website for my property at Funchal - Madeira Island - Portugal ( http://gotomadeiraisland.com ) if possible please take a look and tell me if you like and if you have any sugestion to make

Thank you in advanced!

Regards
Wendy@NorthIdaho

Post by Wendy@NorthIdaho »

Hello,
Very nice place, just a couple of thoughts as I looked at your site. I didn't see a picture of the bathroom, I like to see all the rooms. The slide show was a bit fast for me, and I would like them enlarged if I was considering a stay just so I could see more detail. Also, one of the pictures was in there side ways.

Some people are suspicious of gmail or free email accounts when dealing with an owner. May want to consider that.

I wish you well,
Wendy
New Vacation Rental called DayStar Lodge! (Sold Narrows Cottage now have a rental management company called A-List Rental Management)
RBQueiros

Post by RBQueiros »

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for your review.

I agree that i have to set some bathroom pictures in the website.

The problem is the same as that photo you see that is side way.

It will be to small if i set it right.

About the email i´ve already thought about that and i think it might be a problem for visitors.

Once again thank you for your time.

Any other sugestions?

Kind Regards
Wendy@NorthIdaho

Post by Wendy@NorthIdaho »

I'm no expert here so not too many other suggestions. The only other one I could think of would be to have another one or two pictures capturing the view that is obviously taken from inside the apt. So people really know what the view is, I would sell that to them. That has to be one of your big draws so take advantage of it.

One other thing, maybe use a program to add a little brightness to your pictures?

Looks like a great location.

Have a great weekend!
Wendy
New Vacation Rental called DayStar Lodge! (Sold Narrows Cottage now have a rental management company called A-List Rental Management)
CSE

Post by CSE »

The head banner:
I would suggest you change 2010 events to read Event or Local events. It will save on updating.
The To Visit tag is in a different colour, is that an error? I would also change this tag to something like Activities or What to see
I can see the links under Levadas has not yet been translated I hope they will be soon as the routes are something that your visitors will be very interested in.
Side bar:
I would suggest you change A Visitar! To something else like where to visit or what to see.
Main pages:
Maybe have a link to your email address. Not having one means the prospective customer has to cut and past. This does not stop email address farmers for spammers either.
One question about eh property, I assume it is a flat, so is the access via stairs only and on what floor is it located on?

I like the layout, it is clear and informative. I also like that you have written the website in different languages, well done.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I thought some of the photos looked a little dark, and it would be nice to see some fixed photos on the homepage instead of the slideshow and the rather large and unecessary Facebook link.
I also thought the text was a little small, but that may just be me as I'm sure I need glasses for reading now.
RBQueiros

Post by RBQueiros »

Thank you. I will try to get new photos from the inside.

With an apropriated camera.

Regards
RBQueiros

Post by RBQueiros »

Hi casasantoestevo,

Thank you for your review i answer before to wendy but i didn´t saw your´s.

About Events: I think theres no problem because is only to update once a year and it only take 2 mins.

About To Visit i didn´t notice it. I´ve already changed.

I´m planning to translate Levadas to another languages too but it takes too much time and i don´t have it at the moment.

A visitar! it means To Visit in English. I´ve to add to translation too.

I will add a contact script to the website too seems a good idea

About Property the apartment is in the 4ºth floor and have 2 lifts too.

Once again thanks for your time!
CSE

Post by CSE »

No problem glad to be of help.
RBQueiros

Post by RBQueiros »

Hi,

I´ve changed almost everything.

The only trhing that is missing is the new photos (maybe this week i will find some time.)

At the moment i add the photos to main page to be maximized and a script to make a reservation directly in website.

Take a look please and tell me what u ppl think about it

Regards
CSE

Post by CSE »

All seems fine, but not the date at the top!!! :wink:
RBQueiros

Post by RBQueiros »

I looked and looked trying to find what was....

In my mind i was momentarily on 2010 .

Kind Regards
Gwion

Post by Gwion »

Great website. I'm struggling to find anything that could be improved.

Out of interest how much revenue do you get for the Google ads. If it's not a lot I might be tempted to ditch them.

What are you using to show the availability? I like it.

How much luck are you having with facebook? We've started playing with it recently. Could it be argued that using that widget with the thumbnails is a bit overpowering on your site? I'm assuming there are more discrete versions available. I've added your facebook page to my favourites so I'll know if you don't update it!! :) Have you tried the advertising option. again we had a quick play with it but it's a poor second to adwords in my opinion. Maybe if you have a very targeted audience.

Not a great review I know. But as I say, I cant see how your website can be improved..

Gwion
RBQueiros

Post by RBQueiros »

Hi Gwion,

Thank you for your review!

About google ads I ´m not earning nothing at all. It could be a good ideia to remove it from the site.

The availability calendar is from a site where i´ve my apartment to rent.

About facebook:

I´ve add it recently and I think it might be a good way of promotion in a near future.

I´ve been reading a bit about SEO and I have to reduce the number of pictures in my site. They suggest a max of 10 photos per page.

Maybe I will set them as only one Gif to show all photos.

Regards,

RBQueiros