Gift for guests

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
Cotterdale

Gift for guests

Post by Cotterdale »

Last year we ordered our own personalised boxes of fudge from Jago at Farrah's of Harrogate. This year we are thinking of changing the fudge to personalised biscuit drums what do you think biscuits or fudge? :?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Either would be fine for me! :wink:

A change is good I guess, and then any returning guests (if you have some) will have a different present this time. At the end of the day, I assume it is unexpected, so hopefully it is a pleasant surprise whatever it is. By a drum, do you mean something that you can store things in after? A little reminder then of your place even when the biscuits have been eaten?
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

What a nice marketing touch. Expensive to get produced Cotterdale?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Cotterdale

Post by Cotterdale »

No it's really cheap just £1.88 personalised drum of biscuits with your own label.
Cotterdale

Post by Cotterdale »

Never thought of returning guests having a change I will go with the drum of biscuits. Thank you
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

That sounds a really good deal, and cheaper than the sort of gift you might buy in the shops. I will investigate further!
Cotterdale

Post by Cotterdale »

It's a guy called Jago I deal with he is always so helpful. I don't know if he covers your area but if you phone Farrah's of Harrogate and ask for him he will help you. I am not sure if I am ok to give his number out on here.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

They appreciate it even more if it is homemade and not just bought.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Do you have a pic of your cake LV - I'm thinking it's a Victoria sponge with butter cream.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

la vache wrote:They appreciate it even more if it is homemade and not just bought.
apexblue wrote:Do you have a pic of your cake LV - I'm thinking it's a Victoria sponge with butter cream.
Lovely LV, and apexblue, a homemade sponge is just what we appreciated when staying at Annew's place. Just a shame that for those of us not on site it's not an option, so shop bought will have to do!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

If I was in the UK, I'd do a Victoria sponge, definitely. As I'm in France, I do a local quatre quarts recipe instead. People always appreciate that much more than the bottle of wine.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I have had some great tins of fudge from Farrahs. Not expensive as long as its UK delivery - minimum 5 boxes (x12) tins. The tins clip lock shut like ground coffee tins, so I am hoping people will take them home to use. Everyone likes the fudge.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Wallypott - how much was the fudge per tin? Did email Farrahs but never got a reply. I was away for the last guests arriving and OH did not arrange a welcome tray. They left a comment saying how disappointed they were :oops:
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I think it £192 for 60 tins of fudge. Including delivery. Can't seem to find the email correspondence.
jaylene

Post by jaylene »

i do agree having new gifts for the guest from fudge to biscuits might actually give them bit of surprise and at least they get the feeling that you are very hands-on and you make it a point to really add a personal touch to whatever you think of giving your guest from time to time.It is also a good thing that you think of changing your gifts every now and then so that returning guests may have something new.