Gift for guests

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Yes, good point Jaylene and I had fun choosing new items on my last visit.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I think that I will be giving my tin of fudge at the end of the visit to be sure that they leave with it, and the marketing benefit continues.

I'm planning to do cake at the beginning too, but that will be time dependent I think at this stage.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

wallypott wrote: I'm planning to do cake at the beginning too, but that will be time dependent I think at this stage.
It's amazing what you can fit in. I'm pretty busy here, but still manage to get the cakes made (often on Friday night). Although when there are 4 to do, it can be a pain.
juliet

Post by juliet »

What a good idea, something that I never thought of previously, personalized gifts for guests. Something that needs further investigation I think.
Make sure you visualize what you want, not what someone else wants for you.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Our village tourist office is selling little chunky glass bottles (with cork stopper) filled with local sea salt and carrying the 'Sal de Ibiza, Sant Joseph' label. They're quite cute.

I was going to do it as a small departing gift but just can't bring myself to trouble guests when they're packing up.
So at the moment I'm putting it with the welcome snacks/cava.
I'm never sure if guests like these things; the last lot just used the salt, even though we supply it anyway, and left the pretty bottle in the waste bin :oops:

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
HoneypotCottages

Post by HoneypotCottages »

apexblue wrote:Do you have a pic of your cake LV - I'm thinking it's a Victoria sponge with butter cream.
We provide a locally home made Victoria Sponge for guests. The girl who makes them, used to bake them for the military and later, one of our local shops. She recently stopped cooking them for the shop but has agreed to continue baking them for us :mrgreen: 8)

We usually order about 6 each week and they're fab. We get as many positive comments about the cakes as we do the cottages in the feedback we receive :D
Andy Smith