Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

SSL - secure online data

How to build your own personal website from scratch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car & Bill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: SSL - secure online data Reply with quote

I am my own webmaster having taught myself how to do it and am comfortable with most aspects. One thing I am struggling with however is how to include SSL on my site. I am aware of the www.openssl.org that provide this feature for free (or at least that is how I understand it), but I cannot get any information on how I actually include this, or any SSL in my website. I have yet to understand CGI and Java but am happy to buy the dummy books to do this and in the meantime I have enough knowledge to bastardise existing scripts for my own use. All I want to do is receive an on-line booking form from clients that includes their credit card details and to ensure that the data is safely encrypted. I don't need complex access to their bank to deduct payment. Can anybody help?
PaulHigham

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Do you have your own server or are you using a host? As far as I can tell, you will need to install Openssl onto the server for it to work before you do anything else.

cheers
Paul
How to build your own personal website from scratch