Lack of "proper" address

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
stork

Lack of "proper" address

Post by stork »

We are often (quite sensibly) being asked for the address of our property.

The problem is that (as is often the case in the countryside here), our road has no name and the house even less a number. Our mail address is a box 300 metres away, and I don't think even google can find it.

I have normally explained the situation, and together with 4 years history on HR most seem to accept it - I don't know of loosing bookings that way.

Any other ideas of how to handle this. Yes, I will try to get YHM-verification when I have finished painting.
millbrookcottages

Google

Post by millbrookcottages »

Hi, why don't you set it as a local bus ... =en&tab=wl
You can use the birds eye view to mark your location and then link to this when required.

Kate
Award winning romantic Self Catering in Devon for Couples www.millbrookcottages.co.uk

Twitter: @Millbrookestate
www.facebook.com/millbrookestate
dublin13

Post by dublin13 »

try use google earth and put a pin on your property. And if you can also do it mark out the local points of interest or points of reference. You could also try get the gps co-ordinates and send them onto to guests who ask. I send all our enquiries a google earth image of our villas with the shops bars restaurants marked on it and people always appreciate it. I know you said your in the country side but could still be a plus for any enquiries
Phil Schofield

Post by Phil Schofield »

This post might be useful viewtopic.php?t=13934

Martha had a good solution of showings a map of your general location.