Am I being paranoid?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

:lol: :D That's good!!! We all like a happy ending,almost as much as home made pickles and jams!!!! Yummy :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

alexia s. wrote:I leave out pretty (& expensive) little jars of jam for each arrival and not one has ever, ever been opened. Any ideas on why this could be?
We leave out modest bottles of wine and not one of them has ever not been opened!
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

How lovely - I'd really like a jam-maker to stay with us. He'd have a hard time seling his wares, though - jam here is fabulous. He certainly gets my prize for an original first approach.
Wine left out: yes, it is always drunk here....... in the old days I would leave the white wine or champagne in the fridge and people often just left it. Now I leave it on the table, next to glasses: it is always used. Just the jam - people buy their own.
Best,
Alexia.
gh

Post by gh »

A week before the guests are due at the house we contact them and advise that we have left a selection of drinks in the drinks fridge for them, very welcoming after a long journey and much appreciated.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I don't tell mine-it's just all there for them when they arrive.The soft drinks always go,the wine ( a good Bordeaux as we are in the region) usually gets drunk but not always. Some guests left me a St Emilion they they paid over 100 euros for from the producer (private visit!!)- I lost it!I took it home and put it somewhere safe to drink at Christmas- I haven't a clue where I put it!!! Doh!! :roll:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

" I lost it!"
Fraise,
This is about the worst thing I've read on this forum.
Best,
Alexia.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Fraise, didn't you move not long ago? If so, we can only hope that it emerges well before it becomes 'corked', from a packing case! Otherwise, as Alexia says, tragic!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi,yes I moved BUT I put the wine somewhere safe in our French holiday home and I hunted for it and couldn't find it!!They left me a champagne as well,that wasn't special so I didn't put it anywhere "safe"-I drank that one!! I suppose one day it'll turn up somewhere :?

www.thepetitmanoir.com