Please take a look at my website.

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
limousin-cottage

Post by limousin-cottage »

:oops:

Oh no! I will see if I can sort it out. Been working on translations all morning and I've had enough :cry:
limousin-cottage

:D

I think I've sorted the map out! Thanks for pointing that out.
Maurmc

Post by Maurmc »

It looks very well! I've just had a very quick look, but there's a typo on details page- "llower" prices and "mai" on home page. I'd also suggest using bold for headings on details and local info pages.
Did you translate the pages yourself or pay iowners for it? Ours is just in English. I also haven't paid to remove ads yet, although advice from LMH is that I should.
If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got.

Apartment Mil Palmeras
Wendy@NorthIdaho

Post by Wendy@NorthIdaho »

Very nice! one thing I noticed, is for the squeamish (me) I wouldn't mention bats flying around at night in the backyard... would and does scare me.... others are probably more daring.

Good job, it will be nice that you can adjust things as soon as you need to by having control over your own website.

Wendy
New Vacation Rental called DayStar Lodge! (Sold Narrows Cottage now have a rental management company called A-List Rental Management)
limousin-cottage

Maurmc wrote:It looks very well! I've just had a very quick look, but there's a typo on details page- "llower" prices and "mai" on home page. I'd also suggest using bold for headings on details and local info pages.
Did you translate the pages yourself or pay iowners for it? Ours is just in English. I also haven't paid to remove ads yet, although advice from LMH is that I should.
Thanks for noticing the typo errors - it's funny isn't it how you can check and double check and still miss them!

As for the translation - yes, I paid iowners this morning for the facility - but whatever you do - don't use their link to the free translation! (IMHO) I speak good French - and nearly died when I saw how bad the French translation is! I still have to tweak my version - takes ages. After seeing that I went back and used Babelfish instead for the German. I am undecided about adding Italian and Spanish. In our neck of the woods I can't say I have ever seen those nationalities holidaying here.
limousin-cottage

Wendy@NarrowsCottage wrote:Very nice! one thing I noticed, is for the squeamish (me) I wouldn't mention bats flying around at night in the backyard... would and does scare me.... others are probably more daring.

Good job, it will be nice that you can adjust things as soon as you need to by having control over your own website.

Wendy
Yes, when said son in law arrives for his holidays later this year I've a good mind to say I am too busy to drive to the airport! :lol:

Never thought about the bats I must admit! Most of our visitors are absolutely fascinated by them. We feel privileged to be able to watch them hunting moths (now, there's one thing I don't like flying around me!) Maybe we should have a poll!
limousin-cottage

Well, it's been a while and it's taken a lot of doing - but the original website done by my son-in-law has at last got some improved photos on it! Not great ones, just snaps taken with my new camera. (Although when he at last got around to adding them - he still forgot to take off the old ones! - which necessitated yet more badgering and bullying) I am beginning to feel like the Mother-in-Law from Hell. :cry:

http://Limousin-Cottage.com/Home.html
CSE

Post by CSE »

A couple of points:
I can send off a request form without filling anything in. Could you make some or all fields compulsory? Once I have hit send I cannot go to the top of the web page. Even after I have to hit the “previous button” on my browser. (Using FF 3.6.12). I therefore cannot read the rest of the website.
On this page and below the location section I can see a green blur. Is that meant to be a photo?
http://limousin-cottage.com/Places_to_Visit.html
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
limousin-cottage

Oh no - that means I will now have to get on to him yet again! I remember seeing the blur when he was in the process of changing photos but didn't realise it is still visible! What is he like?
limousin-cottage

I am actually getting the enquiry though! (Just says 3 days)
CSE

Post by CSE »

I sent 2...sorry! One from the first page the other from the contact us page...I could end up being a spammer at this rate :oops:
limousin-cottage

:lol: Yes, I can confirm I got two enquiries - and I was really getting excited LoL
CSE

Post by CSE »

I or any one can send you more...do you want them blank me-lord? :wink:
limousin-cottage

casasantoestevo wrote:A couple of points:
I can send off a request form without filling anything in. Could you make some or all fields compulsory? Once I have hit send I cannot go to the top of the web page. Even after I have to hit the “previous button” on my browser. (Using FF 3.6.12). I therefore cannot read the rest of the website.
On this page and below the location section I can see a green blur. Is that meant to be a photo?
http://limousin-cottage.com/Places_to_Visit.html
Good job you reported that - thanks. He says it's a corrupted photo and will get onto it at work tomorrow. See how it works getting a website review!