theholidaylet

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
brenda

theholidaylet

Post by brenda »

Just had an email asking me to update my details for 2011.

I have always liked the look of this site but have never received a single enquiry.

Has anyone ever achieved any bookings from theholidaylet?

Thanks.
Rogthedodge

Post by Rogthedodge »

Good evening,

Yes I have always like the site and the ayyitude of Liz and Craig but alas no enquiries let alone bookings.

Roger
Deary me am I real.

www.holiday-rentals.com/52179
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

I have had the same email and just updated my prices (I only list a low and high season rate on there, so it thankfully didn't take too long). I have also yet to register any enquiries, but I do like the site and the courteousness of the people behind it. It's a pity they haven't yet seemed to manage to get it to 'work' but I've been under the impression they are in it for the long term so hopefully, with time, they can build the necessary traffic.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
declanja

Post by declanja »

We have had two enquires but no booking. I too like the site but would not pay for that level of enquires. Did update mt availability though!
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

I have had one inquiry this year (actually came in last Oct) and surprisingly enough it was a lovely booking for 11 nights off season for two senior couples from the UK.

So you never know how or where the bookings will come from

I have told Liz & Craig that once I complete the booking (i.e. post-departure) I will send them a donation as it is a free site
Kate
USA
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

It would be useful for you guys to say how long you have had anad with them please? :)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
brenda

Post by brenda »

We have been listed since Liz and Craig first started the site.
LPC

Post by LPC »

We have been with them since they started - Nov 2008. Good site, but no enquiries.
http://maison-bourgeoise.co.nf

Dearest Josette, our flock leader and friend, passed to the astral on 27 January, 2015. Roam free, dear one! xxx
Maurmc

Post by Maurmc »

I registered with them last year and then forgot about them until I got last week's email. I have now listed with them, so wait and see. Updating details can be a nuisance when you have listed with lots of free sites (like me... forget who on LMH once said she was a "free site tart" :D ). But some of them have delivered enquiries and even a few bookings, so I live in hope!
If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got.

Apartment Mil Palmeras
Rogthedodge

Post by Rogthedodge »

Hi all

I have been listed with them for just over 2 years, no nothing not at all..!! But I am hoping. Looked at my Stats, I have had nearly 1000 views out of 32000 searches and no nowt and nothing. I will have to have a good look at my advert. Having said that it is Identical to our HR which is working fine for me.

Craig has been very helpful.

Rgds

Roger
Deary me am I real.

www.holiday-rentals.com/52179
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

Sorry GG I dont really know how long but I would guess a two years and not sure about how many inquiries in the past but I do know that last year it do no produce any rentals for me
Kate
USA
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Giddy Goat wrote:It would be useful for you guys to say how long you have had anad with them please? :)
Since Feb 2010 for us.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Thanks all, helpful. Nice looking site do I hope its performance improves as we could do with a few more effective independents!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Kaz D

Post by Kaz D »

I like the look of the site too and it's good they've got their own forum. I'm going to put my advert on tomorrow - it's worth a try!
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

GG - I know what you mean - each day I wonder what can we do to hold onto these little guys

All of my smaller sites that produced a good amount of rental (relative to price) are all gone or consolidated

Folks like HA are in the business of telling us if we will accept reviews and just 2 days ago a guest told me that she was unable to review a stay on another site here (vacationhomerentals.com) with linking it to her FaceBook account.

I have a good portion of my rentals are from from families but also in shoulder seasons when the kids are in school I get "older" folks stay with me who probably dont all have FB accounts

thanks for the vent about that !!! LOL
Kate
USA