Our first "Offer"

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Big Sis.. wrote:
Details: Hi lookin at villa for above dates but only have £600 for two weeks can you help ?''

Nope.............

:roll:
That's not like you Ros!!

Surely you could organise a fund raising event of some sort, or maybe a whip-round on LMH? I'm sure that if you asked everyone here to contribute what they consider to be a justifiable amount to the cause, then these prospective guests could enjoy the holiday they want.

There's a word for it - let's see - ah yes, charity.

How about an auction? I think somewhere I might have a signed photograph of Billy Butlin. It's probably a bit crumpled by now, but I'd be delighted to donate it.

(And I haven't even taken my cynical pill this morning........)
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

:D

Thing is If theyve got a limited budget[fair enuff] and they want to holiday in Aug, I have a solution.... its pretty amazing so hold onto your hats...[LMHhats]:wink:
They can[drum roll]
Instead of wanting 2 weeks, have 1 weeks holiday!!
[thats how much it is for a week in Aug]

..think what they would save in expenses!!!

8)
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

:lol: :lol:

Such a simple solution Ros...no wonder they missed it :lol:

though I have to say I like the drama of GB's. maybe it would help my 'scammed' enquirer who I found out was spending the first night on the island in Portinatx...right at the other end of the island from us. Why that was so I never really discovered but when I asked how they were going to get from there to here without public transport they said pay for a taxi or they might hire a car :shock:
It would have been cheaper to stay in a hostel for 1 night in Ibiza Town.
So looks like they're declared budget wasn't really their budget (if you know what I mean)

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Mouse wrote:So looks like they're declared budget wasn't really their budget (if you know what I mean)
GB, where do you get your cynical pills from?

Actually, cancel that - without a bit of cynicism where would we be in this business? Popular anyway! :lol:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
juliet

Post by juliet »

I have come to the conclusion that whatever rates you post people always ask for "the best price" or .
a discount so add a % on before you quote
Make sure you visualize what you want, not what someone else wants for you.
revdev

Post by revdev »

I am thinking of adding to my advertising.....
revdev's adverts wrote:Don't ask for a discount if you are easily offended!
See the job, do the job!
http://www.premiumturkishvillas.co.uk
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I have just had someone with a villages du soleil email address ask me for my best price. Its a six bed and he wants it for 2 adults and 2 kids. Surely if he works for them he can get himself a deal without me. That said I am going to have to think about it because I've not yet met my target. Any thoughts on discount for 2 rooms instead of 6? I can sort of split the top floor off, but I can't actually shut it off or rent it separately.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Wallypott, if I read this right it's for a week in September, when you normally ask €1250?

If you think this is a last-gasp chance, which by this time could well be true, I'd offer him €950 or even €900 if you think it would clinch the deal.

It is not ideal, but it's cash flow at any rate.

Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I'd go lower than that and offer 600€. It's getting late for September bookings now. If I let my big house out for 4 people I give them the price of the little gite, plus a little more, which would be around 450€ in mid season. But I can shut off the upstairs with 4 beds and 2 bathrooms.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Its for near the end of October. I am out so I sent him a mail explaining that and that I could separate the two bedrooms off and just let him downstairs. I have said that he should make me a "proposition". I am curious to see what he will suggest. I am think along the lines of 600 as it already discounted 20%.

I can t access PIMS from my blackberry and I am helping my sister at an International show jumping competition so am a bit otherwise occupied. Unfortunately I can't remember my prices off the top of my head as I just redid them all including next year.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Oh, if it's the end of October, I retract my previous suggestion - take anything which gives you a profit - €600 sounds good, I'd be very happy to get that for my place in the Languedoc at end-October.

Mols
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

If it's for the end of October, 350€ would probably be nearer the mark.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

You know the local market much the best, LV, but €350, after paying cleaning, laundry and leccy, doesn't leave much change - maybe that's why I don't let in the winter, I'm not prepared to net €150 a week for all the attendant aggravation!

Mols
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

If you can do it all yourself it works out cheaper, Mols!
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

True, but the commute's un peu cher!

Mols :wink: