PromoteMyPlace.com - Holiday rental website builder

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
holidayloverxx

Post by holidayloverxx »

Aha, I think I've got it now, thanks
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Once you have a domain, and a client area for it, it will be clearer, as you can see where the nameservers go.
holidayloverxx

Post by holidayloverxx »

right, down to work then :D
declanja

Post by declanja »

I considered using this site earlier this year but in the end didnt. I am now reconsidering my advertising options and would appreciate feedback from any member that went live with their ad.
As they say "is it worth it?"
Declan
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

So far, it has been worth it. I got an email from them yesterday which announced a price increase for new customers to £69 a year, but also adding that new features were to be announced very soon.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

And it isn't really an ad, it's a complete website. There's no listing site attached to it.
declanja

Post by declanja »

Thanks Helen. I got that reminder too and so my query! I could have phrased my question better. I have my website with Iowners but it is not generating many enquires. Is Promotemyplace generating enquires? I dont feel like paying for two and am considering dropping Iowners.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

yes, it is generating both enquiries and bookings, and has about 300 unique visitors per month.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Again I have to thank Helen for alerting me to this. It is doing very well for me with visitors and enquiries.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I'm becoming obsesses with Google Analytics though, especially the new 'real time' thing where you can 'see' someone is viewing your site, and what they are looking at.
declanja

Post by declanja »

Thanks for the feedback. I think we are all obsessives on LMH! IO worked well for me for two years. I have their stats package and my hits info seems bizarre with hits seemingly being generated from all types of sites including XXX ones!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

That isn't that unusual TBH.
gardennorm

Joomla user

Post by gardennorm »

I use joomla for my site and resmania for my automated booking system and have just had is redesigned, im now working on the seo.
Ive found joomla very easy to use and to modify, im no expert, just self taught.
Its always good to get feed back from people in the same industry, so I would welcome any constructive comments anyone has :D
Skopelos villas - Holiday villas to rent in Greece
Kayaking Greece - Sea kayaking holidays in Skopelos
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Please put your website in the Website Reviews section where everyone will be able to find it and comment on it. And welcome to Lay My Hat.
Debby

Post by Debby »

I have my first confirmed booking from a guest who found us through our Promote My Place site ... two weeks in June which is great so very happy!
Debby