PromoteMyPlace.com - Holiday rental website builder

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Ed

Post by Ed »

My 'Promote My Place' website is doing very well for me too. It's generating enquiries and bookings. In the summer I was getting over 400 unique visitors a month. It's dropped a bit now, but that's to be expected with less people searching at this time of year.

As Helen said, it's not an advert where once you've paid your money you would expect to get a certain amount of enquiries and bookings. I think what you get out of it is partly dependent on what you put into it e.g. text, photos, SEO etc
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Ed, most definitely.
Teckidecki

Post by Teckidecki »

I have had my Promote my Place website online for about 2 months now and have only received 2 enquiries to date, albeit it was getting towards the end of the traditional holiday season.

I would definitely give it a try, it will only cost you £69 to get up and running and if it doesn't work out then by all means drop it. I like to have my own website along with a couple of listing sites as for one thing I feel it helps prospective clients know that your rental is legit.

Also they respond very quickly to any queries that I have ever had.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Can we know if there is any link between PromoteMyPlace and Your Holiday Matters - the only partner listed? I cannot find any details in the 'About Us' page which I always look at first before handing over money.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Margaret, there is no link with Your Holiday Matters other than a scheme which offers discounts to YHM members wishing to join PMP and vice-versa.
Bridg1t

Post by Bridg1t »

Hi,
Does anyone have an alternative number for PMP? I have phoned the number on their website several times and it just goes to a continuous tone (0845 6808416). I'm phoning from the UK. Considering getting a site, bearing in mind everyone's feedback, but would like to be able to speak to someone.
Teckidecki

Post by Teckidecki »

Haven't got a different number but I always get a swift response by using the following email address...........

theteam@promotemyplace.com

Good luck
Bridg1t

Post by Bridg1t »

Thank you Teckidecki, I am not very confident with techy stuff & just want to know someone is there if I get stuck!

Is it easy enough to do; bearing in mind I can do simple stuff like e-bay, holiday rental sites, etc?

I am on week 8 of 10 week html eveninbg course, and realise I am too far away from understanding enough to build my own website. I phoned a couple of local web designers who want £1000-2000 for a simple custom website, so need to do something of my own.
Teckidecki

Post by Teckidecki »

Hi Giles,

Firstly you do not need to know any html to 'build' a site with PMP.

Everything is very 'step by step' and you will have no problem with it. Its similar to how you add content to rental listing sites.
The most important thing is to spend good time on getting the content right. Get your 'Description' and 'Location' content together, make it readable, informative and to the point. (make sure you proof read all your content before going live as small syntax errors take away from the professional feel of the site, and not something you want if you are trying to entice clients!). Then decide what headings you want to include on the site.

Remember you will need to pay and register with a Domain site so that your new site is hosted somewhere.

Another thing that's worthwhile doing is to swat up on SEO.(search engine optimisation). PMP have a section on it as part of the building steps.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Hi Giles,

You really don't need to worry about the technical side of things with PromoteMyPlace. I think you'll be fine. The best thing to do is sign up for the free trial and see for yourself.

As Teckidecki said though, it's a good idea to get your content and photos together first.

I wouldn't necessarily worry about the SEO side of things straight away, because it might be a bit overwhelming at first. The first thing is to get your site up and running.

Having said that, if you do want to find out more about SEO there's some good info here -

http://www.promotemyplace.com/blog/seri ... tal-owners
Bridg1t

Post by Bridg1t »

Hi Ed,

Thank you...yes, I am almost definitely going to give it a go. One question (and I think this is probably a really silly question- so excuse as am untechy)...
If I register my own domain name, and "give" it to PMP, and subsequently decide it isn't working and I want my domain name back; is this an issue? (I think the answer is "no"...but am such a newby a these things).

One thing about having my own website, is that there are several local online advertisers who charge a lot less than HR, VRBO etc, but you must have a website, so even without the SEO side done, I will be able to give these options a go.

I think that once I get into it and get my head round it it's the sort of thing I will really enjoy!

Agree also that it ads validity to your listing ad site, and gives more oportunity for a bit of a bio and re-assurance to guests.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Giles, no it isn't an issue, you still own the domain, all you do is point that domain at the PMP servers. Just change those back to remove the site from your domain.
Bridg1t

Post by Bridg1t »

Hi Helen...thank you. That is what I thought, but nice to have re-assurance!
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

Anybody got any discount codes for PMP at the moment? I'm definitely wanting to get on to it now after months of prevarication...but a discount code is always useful..
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Ed

Post by Ed »

It's worth checking Facebook and Twitter. They sometimes post them on there.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/PromoteMy ... 1529066062

https://twitter.com/#!/promotemyplace