So bad it's funny...

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
la vache!

So bad it's funny...

Post by la vache! »

He sent this out cc to me and several other gites and c d'h (not even blind copy)

Bonjour ,

Je suis monsieur Tanoh Marc et je voudrais faire une réservation de chambre à compter du 15 au 31 janvier prochain. J'aimerais que vous me faites parvenir vos tarifs pour chambres doubles et aussi me faire savoir s'il est possible de régler par carte bancaire à distance.J'attends donc de vos nouvelles Très rapidement.
Entre temps je suis présentement au Sénégal et je n'ai pas encore réservé mon billet à l'agence VOYAGE SUD ABIDJAN à Abidjan qui n'accepte les cartes à distances .veuillez donc faire la réservation de mon billet d'avion à l'agence VOYAGE SUD ABIDJAN en retirant 2877 Euros de ma carte bancaire que je vous enverrai pour les réservations et faire parvenir l'argent par western union à l'adresse de cette agence :

Service vente:

Ronald Isley ,
04 BP 1456 Abidjan 04 ,
Tel : +225 082 505 94.
voyage_sud_abidjan@yahoo.fr

Pour plus de renseignement , vous pouves le contacter à leur adresse email : voyage_sud_abidjan@yahoo.fr

Dans l'attente de vous lire , recevez toutes mes sincères salutations.

Tanoh Marc
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

:cry: Oh no- here we go again!!!!!I wonder if the French speaking market is a bit behind with the scams as the Internet took a bit longer to grab hold but now it's huge of course!You may well get an enormous raft of 'em!! I've only ever had them written in English (of sorts!). :evil:
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Hi Susan

I only know very poor school girl french...can you roughly translate what he wanted and the scam.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Sorry Crystal,
He is basically saying he is in Senegal at the moment and that he wants to book the 2 week stay by bank card. Unfortunately the airline he will be flying with won't accept the bank card so he wants to send the gite owner his bank card to withdraw the money (2877€) and send it on using Western Union to the airline agency.
Not sure how it works, but anything even mentioning western union is generally a scam!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Susan,

He will probably use a stolen or cloned credit card.
Cheers
PC
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Thanks Susan...surely these people must realise that this type of scam is as old as a worn out record!
aillis

Post by aillis »

Just received a cheque this week for £1900 from Forever Living but it came via DHL address Middle East but rang company and they changed the sort code so am posting it to them . Normally one of my sons replies saying he is special agent Garcia from the CIA " we know where you live and you will be raided by the SWAT squad in 24hrs " They don't reply after that. Still have a 5000€ cheque in the drawer from last year AIB bank very impressive
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

aillis,

If you want to take the bait a little further then confirm the receipt of the cheque with the mugu and tell him you have had a change of mind and that new Lexus you have had your eye on is now a reality with his cash...........the sparks will fly :lol:

Bait safe!!
Cheers
PC
gh

Post by gh »

Paul Carmel wrote:aillis,

If you want to take the bait a little further then confirm the receipt of the cheque with the mugu and tell him you have had a change of mind and that new Lexus you have had your eye on is now a reality with his cash...........the sparks will fly :lol:

Bait safe!!
Have a look at this site, however be careful what you do. :lol:

SCAMSCAMMERS
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

www.419eater.com is also a winner
Cheers
PC
gh

Post by gh »

Paul Carmel wrote:www.419eater.com is also a winner
Hi Paul,