review my new website please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
De Caluwe

review my new website please

Post by De Caluwe »

www.penthousebangkok.info is my new website.
Every feedback is welcome.
Best regards,
Jan
lasourcetranquille

Post by lasourcetranquille »

It's good - promotemyplace.com seem to have something that works well. Only a couple of comments (not criticisms!)
  • I'd rather see a photo of your appartment/view as the main image on the front page, not one of a shared pool which is not your main feature
  • You have put double lines between each paragraph of text which spreads it out more than necessary
  • You mention "The rental rates depend on how many bedrooms you need". Why? I'd want to rent the whole appartment - does this mean you'd rent unused rooms out to other people whilst I'm there? I'd rather have the whole appartment available to me - If I snore my missus might want to send me to the spare room - I'd have to tell you in advance about that?
  • Lastly on your links page you mention a restaurant " Managed by a warm Belgian Family" - couldn't they get an air conditioner? :wink:
Lovely looking place though!
De Caluwe

hello

Post by De Caluwe »

Thanks for your message.
The picture on the main page I wil change from time to time but I thin a view of a pool is always nice.
If I dont do the double lines between each paragraph of text, then at the 3th picture, there's not text anymore. Is that better you think?
If you rent my penthouse and you need only 1 bedroom, you've the whole apartment for you alone. My normal price is 100 euro per day but if a couple book this 3 bedroom penthouse, it's a lot of money and they dont use the other 2 bedrooms. So it's a kind of discount I will give to people who use only 1 or 2 bedroom.
I rented many apartments arround the world and sometimes the price is different if you're with 3 or 6 people, in my case the price is different if you need more bedrooms or less.
Maybe my explination is not good and I can put on the website that they can use the whole penthouse

Thanks for your advise.

Jan
CSE

Post by CSE »

Hi am welcome to LMH.
Yes a nice place you have there.
You say your first language is not English. Why not add you native language to the website? I don’t know if the standard Promote My Place layout allows what will be basically two websites. I feel that information in another languages will always help sell your rental.
I understand what you are saying about prices so maybe give the price for the full let stating discounts for fewer guests. It could look more of a bargain that way.
Replace “Managed by a warm Belgian Family,” with “Managed by a friendly (or welcoming) Belgian Family”
However they have rooms for rent too. Is that a link you want to have?
Maybe add some more details about what to see and do in the city.

Edit.
I can see that you may be a Dutch speaker. In the details page you say you have a water cooker. That is an electric kettle in English.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
De Caluwe

thanks

Post by De Caluwe »

Thanks for your reply,
I'll change the text like you suggested.
I'm not sure that I can use an other language but somebody of the team of "promotemyplace" did already a spellingcheck.
I've to make more work what things they can do in Bangkok, I put already the top 10 thing to do in Bangkok at the website under "local area"

The text of the link I'll change it now, it's the text of my Belgian friend's website.

Best regards,
Jan