Visit Britain a waste of space - official

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
Windy

Post by Windy »

:lol:

On a similar theme perhaps the people responsible for commissioning the advert should be sent on an all expenses paid trip to this place (Rude word warning)
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Has anyone noticed that it's April? Thought so. I've been eagerly anticipating the arrival of April for some time, because of the following (lifted from a previous rant):
VisitEngland can confirm that the Quality in Tourism website is being developed so that from April 2012 consumers will be able to use this site to search by name or by postcode any VisitEngland assessed property and be able to confirm the star rating and any accolades or Welcome Scheme awards.
The site will also provide information on what customers can expect in terms of facilities and services at each level.
Notice that says "from April 2012". Not "after April 2012", or some other intangible. Anyway, we're well into April now, so VE have, as promised, dumped us all from their website. Trouble is, I can't find anything on the QIT website that seems to remotely correspond to what VE told us was going to be there.

I often miss the blindingly obvious, so I submitted a post to the VE (AKH) forum asking how to find it, but they haven't posted my question.

Call me paranoid, but sometimes I get the feeling they don't like me asking embarrassing questions (such as "what do we get for our money?"), so maybe somebody with less of a track record (that rules out Windy :lol:) might like to see if they can get an answer.

Then you'll be as sadly optimistic as I am.
Windy

Post by Windy »

What? You mean they didn't let your post through???

Mind you my recent rather anodyne comments on a variety of topics haven't made it through either.

I think we are rated 5 star Gold trouble makers Greenbarn :lol: :lol: :lol: