Holidaylets.net free trial?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
debk

Holidaylets.net free trial?

Post by debk »

Ross... are you here? I went to holidaylets.net and didn't see anything about the 3 month free trial discussed earlier on the holiday-rentals thread.

I was going to give hlets a try for a few of our properties, even though I hardly ever do free trials. (Must be a full moon?? EOY madness on my part???)

Truly, Ross, I liked your responsiveness here on the forum and thought I'd give your site a whirl in appreciation.

Happy New Year!
debk
kevincohr

Post by kevincohr »

Deb,

It looks like the trial has been removed. I previously ( 18 months ago) listed using the free trial and got a moderate level of enquiries for my property in France, but decided not to pay for a listing as I had better results elsewhere. I'd be interested if anyone has more recent experience with them.

Regards,

Kevin
paulnet

holidaylets - free trial

Post by paulnet »

Ross - are you there?
After reading the positive comments about holidaylets in the forum I signed up for the 3 month trial.Dissapointingly I have not recieved any enquiries, I put this down to the quiet time of year(the other sites we advertise on are also slow pre christmas)I like the look of the site and it seems to come up resonably well on search phrases ,can any one convince me to sign up?
Paulnet.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

We were listed with HL for over a year. We received 4 enquiries and no bookings, which is a real shame because it's one of the best looking sites around, and so easy to use. Maybe over time it will work. I hope so.
Cheers
PC
marcus

Post by marcus »

Same story here

I love the look of the site and that's largely why we are on there - but only a couple of weeks booked, and I had much higher expectations.

Our renewal date is April so I will know better by then.

I think they said they are having a newspaper marketing campaign in january so we will see if that brings some interest.

I think they should succeed and hope they do but I remain unconvinced. Does anyone have a more positive experience to report?
gh

Post by gh »

There site is very good from a management point of view, re keeping track of bookings, payments and such. Had a free trial from Sept for 3 mths and only 4 enquiries which we followed up.

Not a great response considering another site we advertise on, we converted 20 enquiries into 8 wks of bookings in the same time scale.

Bizzare :roll:
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

My experience is the same as the others.I love the site but very little response.I think I had one booking via them,maybe it was 2?The jury is still out!! :?

www.thepetitmanoir.com
debk

Post by debk »

With results all over the board (as noted here and in other threads) I would definitely need a free trial to test drive this one. Thanks, all, for the very helpful feedback. Interesting reading.

Ross? Hope you are having a rip-roaring New Year! :lol:

debk
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I can only add to what has been said, I am still with holidaylets.net (they do a good discount for multi-properties) and I love the site as far as maintenance is concerned, but the bookings have been disappointing...a real shame, as the site is excellent.
Ross Hugo

Post by Ross Hugo »

Firstly, Happy New Year to everyone.

Well, we finally decided to bite the bullet and do away with the free trial. Only time will tell if we have done the right thing!

Some of the comments above illustrate why we've taken this decision. A 3 month free trial in October isn't going to generate a flood of enquiries and if that's all people have to judge us on, then it's unlikely they'll be beating our door down with subscription fees.

However, when we look over a full 12 month cycle, we know the site must be quite effective, otherwise we wouldn't have an 80% re-subscription rate. That's the real dilemma for us; are we losing long term business because of the short term free trial?

I know the site may not work for everybody and I do accept some people will only trial a site if there's a free period as an incentive, but in the end, we just decided this is the way we'd like to go.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Ross
Ross Hugo
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

" A 3 month free trial in October isn't going to generate a flood of enquiries "
Agreed - but why not offer the trial for Jan-March for those members of the forum who are seriously concerned about improving every aspect of their business - e.g. those with over 100 (or 200, or 300) posts as at 1/1/06?? It has to be worth the good-will it would generate.
Best,
Alexia.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

alexia wrote

"but why not offer the trial for Jan-March for those members of the forum"

I'm game if you are Ross, If I get just one booking I would be happy to pay for 12 months.
Cheers
PC
debk

Post by debk »

Same here. I would like to test drive holiday-lets... but I see absolutely no reason to try a site without a free trial. Especially since, as Ross says, no site works for every location/rental situation.

Ross, notice that I waited until busy season to try the site? I appreciated your postings and so I put a tickler in my agenda to post on 31 Dec. Obviously, Sept-Dec wouldn't give the site a fighting chance... but then I lost that free trial precisely by deciding to give holiday-lets the best possible timeframe for a trial.

Seems a bit odd to pull the free trial exactly when it would do the most good??

Given the funky timing, I think Alexia's "laymyhat" free trial coupon is an excellent idea. I'll trial a couple of my properties that way.

But don't wait too long... I've had five inquiries and two bookings in the last few days. Viva 2006!
debk
marcus

Post by marcus »

Oh dear me,

I've just done a website for someone with a house in southern Spain and told them I would put them on HolidayLets to see how that worked for them for 3 months before they committed themselves. As I said before I'm on there myself with not bvery good results. There is no realistic way I can recommend someone in another country to pay up front without trying it first.

Shame about that, anyone know any good sites for Spain with a free trial period?

Cheers
Marcus
Tony

Post by Tony »

Click4holidayhomes.com is worth a try. I had a three month trial for one of my properties in Costa del Sol, as I did on holidaylets and have now paid to be on both.

As I am now a paid up member on these sites and a couple of others like Holiday Rentals I would rather none of the sites offered free trials. In effect by offering these trials I am competing with a number of free advertiser many of whom it appears from conversations I have had and posts I have read on these forums are freeloaders who have no intention of ever paying.