Online Marketing Costs

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.

How much do you spend on Online Marketing ?

Less than 1% of Revenue
20%
Between 1 and 2% of Revenue
10%
Between 2 and 3% of Revenue
50%
Between 3 and 4% of Revenue
No votes
Between 4 and 5% of revenue
10%
More than 5% of Revenue
10%

Total votes: 10

kevincohr

Online Marketing Costs

Post by kevincohr »

I am interested in finding out how much you spend on online marketing. This includes subscriptions to vacation rentals listing sites, purchase of Google Ads, investment in your personal website etc.

Comments also very welcome about what you find most (or least) effective.

Thanks,

Kevin
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

kevincohr

Do you have an end game? You have asked various questions along these lines before. Are you starting a rental site?
Cheers
PC
kevincohr

Post by kevincohr »

Paul,

I'm certainly not planning to start a rental site .. that market is way too competitive ! ( As a sidebar comment, I am currently writing an article on the relative attractiveness of the Vacation Rentals Sites industry from an investment point of view : it's not a pretty picture !)

I consider myself an analyst of the Vacation Rentals industry : I got interested because I own vacation property, and started my website (Compare Owner Holiday Rentals) to help owners make the right choices on where to list their property. I'm trying to collect as much objective data as I can so that I can better understand the dynamics of the industry, and marketing spend is one area of interest. This is very much a hobby for me so it's primarily a labour of love ....

Best Regards,

Kevin