rental contract, advice please

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
claire

rental contract, advice please

Post by claire »

hi everyone

i am new to this site and to the rental business. could anyone give advice on what my rental contract should look like. i was going to create it in Excel. it shall be sent out after verbal agreement on phone or email.

p.s. fab site by the way!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Hi Claire

Welcome to the site!

We have set Terms and Conditions (which we send out together with the booking form). As we are renting in Spain,
I was advised to get an Aquiler de Contracto, which you can get from any big Estanco. This is a legal document which you can purchase for long term rental or short term rental contracts (prices for each vary). The forms are in Spanish, but you can get a translation done and attach it to the form so that your guests know what they are signing. This form has to be completed for each rental (so you can't buy one and photocopy it for other clients as it's a tri-ply form). Should a claim arise or if we had any problems with guests this document will hold up in court. The terms and conditions we've drawn up may not be valid in a court of law in Spain.
Rosepop

Rental terms and conditions

Post by Rosepop »

Hi Claire, I am new to this site as well. We've recently bought a gite in France and I want to get the ts and cs ready for bookings - covering things like the deposit, late cancellations, payment terms, etc. Would be interested to share any info or example ts and cs that we can come up with
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars
gh

Post by gh »

Hi Rosepop,
Sure I've seen a posting on t&c somewhere on here, will have a look and post if I find it, others may know exactly where it is :roll:

Helen
gh

Post by gh »

Dont belive it, found it straight away, here it is click and scroll down a few posts to see a copy.

T&C

Helen
Rosepop

Contract

Post by Rosepop »

That's smashing...thank you so much! That's my bedtime reading sorted out for tonight, should help resolve the insomnia too...
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Hi newer folk :lol: Hope you get your T&C's sorted!! Also, why not pop along to "A round of Introductions" thread and tell us a little about yourselves?

best wishes Sue
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi.You're welcome to take a look at my t and c's if you feel the urge!!! :lol:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
claire

Post by claire »

thanks everyone for all the info. with this lot i am about set.