More Florida help-thank you!

For topics that are specific to the USA, please go here.
shamac

More Florida help-thank you!

Post by shamac »

Thanks for your replies re the weather in Florida, however just got husband's work schedule for next year and looks like we will have to go in August or not at all! (I love the heat so it suits me!).

Anyway, this is what we would like to do ideally, tell me if this is unrealistic! Fly to Florida Aug 12th 2012 and stay in a villa with a pool nearish to the theme parks. Spend a few days doing the following parks:

Universal/Seaworld/Disney(not essential kids are a bit old)/Discovery Cove. Would also like to go to Cape Canaveral. So around 10 days doing this stuff.

We would then like to drive to the Keys-along the amazing highway and stay in the Key West area.

My questions:

1 How far apart are the parks/Canaveral are they easily driveable?

2 How long would it take us to drive to Key West? Would we need an overnight stay? If so, where??

3 Where would you stay in the Keys? Prefer a hotel with a pool or a villa. We are a party of 4, 2 adults and kids aged 11 and 13.

4 Do I trust my cleaner to look after my place for more than 5 Mins (had total disaster last year which made me say I would never go on holiday again!!)

Feel free to recommend if you have suitable accommodation-open to ideas/suggestions! :lol:

Sharon x
The harder you work, the luckier you get.
janny

Post by janny »

The drive from the area where most homes will be to Cape Canavarel is approx 1hr 20 +/- -this is the time it takes from my home just on the west end of hwy 192 .

Getting to the parks from my home ranges from 12- 30 mins depending on which one you are going to and things like traffic ,time of day and whether the light s are with you or against you but driving is easy from one to another .
The drive to Key West is really a long day so an overnight stop somewhere just north of the start of the keys is a good idea.The furthest south you can get before the Keys is a place called Homestead or Florida City .

A general google search for accommodation in the keys will turn up all sorts of places .
As for your cleaner -can't help on that one lol

It's a pity you need 10 days in the disney area as My home is available in August but only from 11-18 in 2012.