Abritel

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Nessie

Abritel

Post by Nessie »

I was wondering if any fellow chambre d hote or guesthouses owners have advertised with Abritel. And if so would they mind advising if they have been happy with enquires and booking received from them.
I currently pay for 3 main sites but one of the problems we have is that most of the sites are really geared for gite owners. I am looking to replace one of our sites that are not performing well and have received a number of emails from this company. We have asked a couple of question and the response from them has been very good.
Nessie
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Abritel is one of the few sites that has a lot of properties in Corsica so we gave it a go. To be frank it was crap. the search facilities are terrible, if you searched for our property in Calvi the results were dismal - we weren't listed yet other rentals over 100km away would show up. We only had people looking for ridiculous deals at the last minute, which we did not take, and ended up with no bookings from the site. They have good ranking on search engines and it may work for others, but not for us.
Cheers
PC
Gloria - Casina di Rosa

Post by Gloria - Casina di Rosa »

I think they have restyled the website. Last year we advertised our apartment in Pisa there and it was a success. Then I did not renew the ad until two days ago. Not having that ad on abritel made a huge (negative) difference.
It works great for us for the apt in Pisa. I did not put the other house in Abritel because it is quite expensive, but probably worth the while.