Electronic abri and rental implications - Help!

For anything to do with the garden and pool
julesb

Electronic abri and rental implications - Help!

Post by julesb »

Does anyone out there have an automatic, electronic pool abri at a property which they let out. I am just in the process of letting a property for friends and they have an all singing and dancing pool abri which takes about 10 mins to uncover and so another 10 to 15 to put back again. It went wrong recently - something to do with the motor and cost 350 euros to repair. Anyway - it is the owners wish that the cover is put back in place whenever the pool is not in use and definitely when renters lmeave the property and go out. They do have a pool alarm (which they say is invalid if no-one on site) but do not have a fence.

I need to know if I should be having some kind of 'pool usage contract' and also if the owners need to take a special insurance policy out on the cover and its mechanism.

I've always fancied one of these covers for our site, but as they are so costly I've never bothered to think through the implications of having one and the risk re lettings.

Any comments/ suggestions/ experience welcomed - I'm a bit stuck on this one! :?
I came to France to stop the panic, now I still panic but at a much slower pace.