making a jpeg of an html page

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
A-two

making a jpeg of an html page

Post by A-two »

I'm going for the trademark of my main domain name and need a jpeg image of a couple of webpages as evidence of prior useage. I don't think I can do that without special software. Is there some shareware available? If not, I would really appreciate help to capture a couple of pages.

Thanks in advance.
Waves from America
marcus

Post by marcus »

Hi

I would use 'CTRL' and 'Print screen' together which copies a picture of the screen to clipboard

Then 'paste' into a new file in photoshop or similar.

Does that achieve what you want?

Cheers
Marcus
A-two

Post by A-two »

Marcus,
Thanks, but I don't have Photoshop, so can only save to Freehand in eps format, which is unreadable. Also, the image includes toolbars at the top, but not the whole page, so the copyright is missing off the bottom. If I scroll up, the banner is missing from the top.
Waves from America
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Joanna - you don't have to paste it into Photoshop, you can paste it into Word...
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Me again!

For the purposes of establishing copyright, how important is it that it is all on one screen? If not, why don't you do 2 screendumps? I would have thought that would be sufficient?
A-two

Post by A-two »

Catherine,
Thank you! I saved the Word document as a web page and this seems to have created the image as a jpeg, which is what is required. I get so frustrated struggling with simple things like this!
Waves from America
diablo

Post by diablo »

Alt + Print screen is better, copies the active window rather than the whole screen in the screenshot.