website review

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
silvio

website review

Post by silvio »

I will be grateful if you find the time to review my websites
thanks

www.papayagarden-dianibeach.co.uk

www.dianibeach-affittocasavilla.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Hi, there's a spelling error (Papaya Gaeden) in the second sentence of your homepage.
Also, I would like to see more interior shots on the Villa page, rather than just in the photo gallery. I would probably exit the site at that point otherwise.
ViksB

Post by ViksB »

"babycot users get 100% discount"

Do you mean babies are free? or the entire party is free if they use a babycot?

Lovely place. I adore Diani.
silvio

Post by silvio »

hi
spelling error is rectified , you are right pictures need to be updated .

and is free for anybody who fits in the baby-cot
lorca

Post by lorca »

HelenB wrote: Also, I would like to see more interior shots on the Villa page, rather than just in the photo gallery. I would probably exit the site at that point otherwise.
Completely agree - and the ones on the photo page are very slow to load. You will definitely loose people.
If not now, when?
A little bit of England

Post by A little bit of England »

I have looked at your first picture to determine why it is so slow to load. The problem, is one, I believe, of resampling.

According to the picture information, the picture was taken using a Fujifilm FinePix A500 camera at f-stop 8.5 at 8:02am on 11/11/2010 and was subsequently processed in Adobe CS4.

It has been output with dimensions of 800 x 600 pixels with a horizontal and vertical resolution of 72 pixels per inch and a file size of 513 Kb.

The picture has been placed on the page at 498 x 480 pixels with a margin of 6 pixels all round. This will be displayed at 96 pixels per inch (standard screen resolution) or 120 ppi (large size) so not only does the browser have quite a lot of work to do, rendering (resampling) the picture file, it is also a large file to start with so is consequently a bit slow to load, even using interlacing.

My suggestion (fwiw). Dig out the original picture and try some dedicated photo resizing software such as FastStone (available free) to resize it to the dimensions you want at 96 dpi. You should also be able to reduce the file size to between 50 and 100K. (This should be possible in CS4, but I have always found it to be unnecessarily complicated for simple tasks.).

I haven't looked at your other pictures, but it is possible they suffer a similar problem.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. Samuel Langhorne Clemens
964kevin

Post by 964kevin »

I don't like the initial font, and then halfway throguh reading the ext, a picture pops up and pushes it down, for me thats irritating.

There's also a couple of syntax errors, no gaps after full stops and the like for example after white sand beaches. and some of the text appears to have gaps, which just looks odd.

Papaya Garden is situated in the e squisite Diani Beach in kenya

is cut and paste from the site.

I will also comment as others have done on my site, which I now recognise is irksome. Theres a little too much info on the front page, and you have to scroll down to far to find it, it might be more wise to lose the weather app and the like and put some of your important text there instead.

Cheers.

Kevin
http://www.encantada-vacation.com

Our little piece of Florida, never get tired of being there. Love it and the people to bits.