YMH costs and cash

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!

How much would you be willing to pay up-front?

£5 / 7 euros
No votes
£10 / 14 euros
17%
£20 / 28 euros
50%
£30 / 42 euros
25%
Nothing, I want a free trial first to be sure it will work for me
8%
Everyone should contribute what they can or want to
No votes

Total votes: 12

marcus

YMH costs and cash

Post by marcus »

YMH 'original members' will be able to add their own properties free, and properties they personally recommend either free or for a small charge. So, material benefits.

But there will be costs involved in the original setup to achieve this. Many of you (often in PMs) have talked about making a cash contribution, but how much? The more we each pay, the quicker and easier it will be to get things up and running, domain name and hosting, technical help, sort out legal matters etc. But many of us won't want to pay much, I think.

Any excess remaining will be used to pay for advertising in due course. Any person not contributing their share will not be considered a founder member.

(cash will probably move through PayPal so 50 cents each is not a practical suuggestion)

It is not an option to wait and see if the project succeeds and then choose whether to pay or not.
gh

Re: YMH costs and cash

Post by gh »

[quote="marcus"]The more we each pay, the quicker and easier it will be to get things up and running, domain name and hosting, technical help, sort out legal matters etc.quote]

Agree, just tell me where, £ and when?
enid

Post by enid »

If we do some costings we are willing to contribute based on that
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

This discussion shouldn't be public.
There is no point in talking money until the legal structure, including domicile, has been agreed. Professional advice may then modify this but it is a decision that has to be taken - again, not in the publc place.
Marcus, why don't you give us a list of all actively contributing members at this stage so that the discussion can take place as pm's until another way of ensuring privacy has been created? Since commercial sites have representatives among our numbers - and we may not have identified all of them - I would exclude from this "planning committee" group anyone who hasn't shown regular participation in the forums. This doesn't exclude non-participating members from being on the site when it develops.
Or, even better, let's create a planning committee which corresponds in private & to whom other members can pm ideas. I suggest that this be done very quickly.
Best,
Alexia.