Ryanair again

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
nichthewood

Ryanair again

Post by nichthewood »

Have they really got it right, listing the full cost (excluding extra's) on the first page along side the flight details. Hip Hip .....
:D
pujols

ryannair

Post by pujols »

Not perfect...who or what is but they do a very good job and
fly to very interesting locations.
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Do you mean Always on Vacation who run the listings for Ryanair? If so you better read the thread about them before giving them your hard earned cash.
Chianti

Tecno twit, but I can tie my shoes !
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I had a shock today, got my first 'customer satisfaction survey' re our last flight from Ryanair, oh goody I thought.........clicked the link.....does not work!! (There is an error blah blah blah)
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

On a different subject but still Ryanair I had an odd experience with them.

Ended up in hospital so needed to change my flights. I tried for 3 consecutive days on 3 different computers and networks (even had my mum and sister try). No way could I get past the section which should have acknowledged the change.
It kept freezing and timed me out.

Frustrated I rang Ryaniar direct on their expensive telephone line. The operative told me she had no problem with her system and would change my flights but only at the mroe expensive rate they charge when doing it over the phone.
I explained the issue. She insisted all was OK. I explained again. She suggested removing cookies and trying on a different system. I explained I had done that. She said there was nothing she could do exept change it at the ihigher rate.
I asked to speak to the manager...she went away, came back and said they had said the same as her.
I was very very frustrated.
I asked her to put me through to the manager, she said they will only tell you what I've told you. I said fine...but I will hear it direct.
Silence...then she came back to say she would do the change at the online price.
In the end when I knew the total cost I told them where to go.

Interestingly I tried for another 4 days to change my flight (and so did my sister)...same problem continued.

I wondered if this was a scam to get people to call up and therefore pay the increased charge to change their flights.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Mousie, when was this? I had exactly the same kind of experience a couple of weeks or so ago. I won't bore you with it but the outcome was that I ended up seriously out of pocket and there had been a fault on their website at the time. I didn't know that until it was too late to do anything about it unfortunately and the journey was too important to mess around. :x
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

It was around Easter...I was due to fly the following week so I tried from easter thursday through to the following weekend. Couldn't do either incoming or outgoing flight.

If I had been fitter I would have rattled off an email to them, and then followed it up with whoever is the ombudsman as I suspected it might be a scam.
How could the system be faulty for over a week and the telephone operator says she hasn't got a problem?

When I got a more tecchy friend to take a look he said the coding appeared to be looped. i.e. it didn't take you anywhere...so your request to change the flights would never connect.

What do you think GG?

Mouse
x
Last edited by Mouse on Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Our experience was on May 10th when I had to change our flight dates. There was no option regarding baggage and I didn't realise until I booked - so then I had to go in and modify our booking. I simply thought that I had had a goat moment so never dreamed it was the fault of the website. It was bizarre.

I am dashing but later I will see what else I can recall of the incident Mousie.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be