Showing photos of your toilet?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
James3214

Showing photos of your toilet?

Post by James3214 »

Do any of you have a photo of the toilet on your adverts?

Reason I ask is that the toilet in my apartment is rather small. Although not a problem for most people I am frightened that if a extremely tall, large or obese person stayed in the apartment they might claim they didn't know that it was so small?

Any suggestions on how to show or mention that the toilet may not be suitable for 'larger' guests?
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Edward Weston wrote:
I have been photographing our toilet, that glossy enameled receptacle of extraordinary beauty. Here was every sensuous curve of the ''human figure divine'' but minus the imperfections. Never did the Greeks reach a more significant consummation to their culture, and it somehow reminded me, in the glory of its chaste convulsions and in its swelling, sweeping, forward movement of finely progressing contours, of the Victory of Samothrace.
How could you not include the toilet!

Jim
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I did once have a phot of the bathroom which showed the loo...but I think you might have a problem that the size of it won't show up well...or that it's simply overlooked.

Do you know the make of it? Could you ask for information on weight allowences.
Or is it that the space to either side of it is tight? If so then measure it and put that on your info.

Has any guest commented so far?

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
James3214

Post by James3214 »

Not sure what the make is Mouse but it is new. The problem is that it replaced an old hang cistern so the throne is closer to the opposite wall. Only really caused a complaint once but a few have remarked on it but said it wasn't a problem for them.
I think it is a lot easier to get away with a photo of a bathroom with a toilet than having just a photo of a separate toilet.
Normandie

Re: Showing photos of your toilet?

Post by Normandie »

James3214 wrote:Do any of you have a photo of the toilet on your adverts?
No!
...I am frightened that if a extremely tall, large or obese person stayed in the apartment they might claim they didn't know that it was so small?
Floor plan? Or otherwise indicate the dimensions. Some "jokey" comment about it being small but beautifully formed.. ?? :lol:

I don't think a photo would necessarily get the compact size over to a casual glance and providing a visual indication of proportions by having the lavatory... occupied... no matter how tastefully done, would definitely be TMI!
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

A floorplan and your access statement where dimensions are given, with both those and a photo I think you would have done as much as could be expected except stating 'if a large person go to the toilet before you leave home' :D :D
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

I do not in the advert, but I do on my website - someone once complained that the bathroom wasn't modern enough and I was able to point out that there's a photo of it right on the website she saw before booking :-) Also, a spotless bathroom is REALLY important to me when I travel, so, I'd like to see a photo. I do think it would be an odd choice on a listing site though.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

I'm desperately but determinedly avoiding any attempts at jokes here.
Just how small is the toilet? In an idle moment I Googled the building regs in the UK, and the minimum acceptable width in a new build or conversion is 450mm either side of the centre of the pan - and that is in a WC intended to cater for wheelchair users! Now that is completely irrelevant to your situation, but it might give an idea of how small is "officially" acceptable.

I don't think a photo of the toilet would convey very much about its size anyway, so I wouldn't include one purely to show its bijou dimensions. What might be worth a thought is something very simple in the main description - Bathroom/shower room (whichever) and separate small WC. Adding the word "small" should be enough to trigger questions from the (I'm struggling for the right PC term here - lavatorially challenged? Don't think so...... Never mind; don't want to get bogged down in trivia) guest for whom it could be important.

The floorplan is a good idea (still on my own to do list :oops:), and if you have an access statement that should cover it anyway. If you haven't got an access statement it might almost be worth producing one for the apartment so that the dimensions of the toilet are there on your website for those who want to know; then you're covered.

BTW, while the topic is getting an airing, could I put in a plea for a worldwide ban on any toilet seat that doesn't stay upright when lifted? Particularly if the room has a sloping ceiling. Those of a male persuasion will understand.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Greenbarn wrote:BTW, while the topic is getting an airing, could I put in a plea for a worldwide ban on any toilet seat that doesn't stay upright when lifted? Particularly if the room has a sloping ceiling. Those of a male persuasion will understand.
Strongly seconded, GB, surely not all the loos in the world can be designed by women?
BTW, is there any connection between "a sloping ceiling" and your negative hirsuit affliction (PC, or what)?

Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
lorca

Post by lorca »

Picture of the loo? No! I mean what could it tell you? all I ask from a toilet is that it works :shock: , it´s not broken, it´s perfectly clean and that the seat is hinged properly so it doesn´t slide about when you sit on it ( :oops: :oops:). A photo wouldn´t guarantee any of these (or the fact that the lid didn´t fall down and disable any persons of the male persuasion....).
If not now, when?
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

lorca wrote: the lid didn´t fall down and disable any persons of the male persuasion.....
:shock: :shock: :shock:

lorca, I think you may have misinterpreted the nature of the problem; at least as far as I'm concerned anyway......
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

lorca wrote:Picture of the loo? No! I mean what could it tell you? all I ask from a toilet is that it works
It has to be big enough for shelves with books. Reading whilst on the loo is one of life's gentler pleasures - although perusing French verb conjugations doesn't encourage me to linger!

Jim
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

This'll be for you then Jimbo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ATJ07kZEYM
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
lorca

Post by lorca »

Greenbarn wrote:
lorca wrote: the lid didn´t fall down and disable any persons of the male persuasion.....
:shock: :shock: :shock:

lorca, I think you may have misinterpreted the nature of the problem; at least as far as I'm concerned anyway......

:wink:
If not now, when?
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Giddy Goat wrote:This'll be for you then Jimbo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ATJ07kZEYM
Loved the video, GG, especially the cool guinea pig! So many of my book-loving friends are going the kindle route but I much prefer the look and feel of 'proper' books around me. Not too sure about all those book covers without photographs, though? More out of work snappers ...

Jim