Reviews Please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Hells Bells

Reviews Please

Post by Hells Bells »

Now i have moved in, and I have updated the site with some new photos, your views would be appreciated.
Helen
mvus

Post by mvus »

If it were me, I would take the top photo off the front page (put it somewhere else on the site) and then move the second photo up to the top making it a little bigger (say 450 -500 wide). Put the title above the photo (with title case) and the main text underneath the photo
I think with one nice picture postcard image it will have more impact and less of the side bar as you could reduce the height of the page, less need to scroll down, especially on a laptop
A-two

Post by A-two »

Helen,
Just had a quick look at the photos. Site looks great, but if you can reshoot the first photo on the home page on a bright sunny day, that would be best. It's not up to the standard of the others, especially those great interiors, warm and welcoming. The snow needs to be white, not grey. If it's the only one you have of the building exterior, I wouldn't lose it altogether, but it does need working on.

I would switch it's position with the one below or onto another page as pja suggests, so it isn't the first thing you see. As well, increase the brightness/contrast in the photo to lift it out of the background, then crop it down to lose the building on the left. Reducing the size might also help and lastly, you could add value to it by adding a brightly colored "x" or arrow to indicate which apartment is yours. Here's a basic quick fix to show you the difference it would make (without graphic arrow) and with more time, it could be further improved:-

Waves from America
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Hello HelenB,

Just looked at your site and I agree with pja and Joanna, I don't think it's a poor quality photo though, looks like it was snowing when you took it but at first glance it does look like a grey day. Would look much better with a blue sky in the background.
I would also add a stack more photos of different views of the area......

Kathy
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Thanks Kathy, it was snowing when the photo was taken, and was the day before we left, and the first day the site was free of workmens vehicles, hence the necessity to take it then. It will have to wait until March to be a sunny one.I have lightened it since their comments, anymore and it looked false.
enid

Post by enid »

Nothing to add to the comments above , but just wanted to say how great it is to see the finished site - and property! - after reviewing the site in its infancy. Good luck with it.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Thanks Enid.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I've been tinkering again, and finally found a sunny pic of the exterior. More interior ones too (although they are repeated on other pages).
Ju

Post by Ju »

Helen

The outside shot with blue skies and snow is great, make it your first photo.

Ju
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Helen,that outside shot with blue skies is great! It looks really inviting- I was tempted and I don't ski !

ps that's not our resident goat (Jine) in front of the hotel on a pedestal is it?? :lol:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

:D :D
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Ju, I thought it was my first photo!! Thanks for that, I forgot to jiggle the text around.
Helen
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

That photo is gorgeous! :)
Brooke
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

On another site we're all going over to Portugal to cyberparty at Debs' place,I think after that we should hop over to Serre Chevalier and party there for a while,it looks great!!! :lol:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Mulled wine and G&T's all round.
:D :D