Sxds Law..........Bookings 2012

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Big Sis..

Sxds Law..........Bookings 2012

Post by Big Sis.. »

Bookings this year have been pretty sparse, especially outside the peak times.....[June was empty apart from a last minute booking Ive just taken......they are staying there at the mo]

So wouldnt you know!
Ive just taken a booking for next June 14th-23rd [both houses]and someones just asked to book three weeks starting the 19th of June[both houses]
buxxer :roll:
But on a positive note, maybe this bodes well for next years bookings. :)
fingers crossed[already got a booking for next may and the end of September 2012 as well.
So Im disappointed and pleased at the same time :|
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

The highs and the lows eh BS!

Next years bookings are sparse for me.....or should I say non existent! I'm guessing I'm just too new; and although I have some returners for the first time this summer, they still didn't book until the early part of this year. So I must bide my time and worry about Oct to Dec first!
kg1

Post by kg1 »

We have a couple of booking for 2012 & had an enquiry this evening for August 2012 - hope this is a good sign!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well, most of our bookings are for groups of friends/families looking to holiday together, so they have to plan ahead a lot more...
This has also been why bookings are down for me Im sure, because the way things are financially for people, its a lot harder to plan this sort of holiday.
You only need one person in the group to lose their job, and all the plans get scuppered.
Though I know that bookings are also difficult for a lot of you as well.

Good luck to you allxx

Take care Rosxx
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

These are crazy times Roz.

We really struggled to book out this July. I tweeted, I facebooked, I put special offers up but I did get there. (I even offered one of Mol's enquirers to bring her elephant for a month :wink: )

Usually we are booked out for Jul/Aug by March at latest - BUT we have 2 bookings for next year. TF for our regulars who pass the word in the doggy world! We are sleep 4 (but usually just a couple and doggies) I can sympathise about group bookings, there are a lot of dynamics going on.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

These are crazy times Roz
Crazy indeedy Sue!!! cos guess what??
Ive sweettalked 'em into changing their dates,[with a little sweetener] so now theyre last week in June 1st 2 weeks in July :) and Ive just had an enquiry for the first week in June whats going on........ :?

:roll: 'sallgoodtho 8)

Do ya think that so many people had to forego their holiday this year... so theyve thought, buxxer it, were booking for next year?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I think the half term week 2012 with the 2 bank holidays (w/c 2nd June) is going to be very popular (I'm already fully booked that week). Plus a few more booking for 2012, and an enquiry for the May bank holiday 2013. Can't complain.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

We've struggled this year too Ros, haven't enjoyed it at all. But we've already got 5 weeks booked for next year and apart from one at Easter the rest are all shoulder weeks which is great! Bodes well for 2012 I hope.
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Distinct lack of May and June bookings for us, which usually attract cyclists and keep the wolves from the door. Hopeful for 2012.
Maurmc

Post by Maurmc »

We had a booking for June '12 which fell through last night as the husband has just been put on a 3 day week.
If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got.

Apartment Mil Palmeras
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Sorry to hear that Maurmc.

July has been a nightmare here too. It's not a month I normally worry about but I took an 11 day booking across the first 2 weeks on the basis I thought July might be a toughie (hardly any enquiries coming through for it) and I'm now pleased that I did.
I sold the last week but still have 16/7 to sell. I had an enquiry Monday for the previous week which is booked so I'm hoping they might be interested in the free week...Hope I have your skill BS for getting people to change their dates!

For 2012 I've sold the last 2 weeks in July.

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

2010 has been tough but have got last minute bookings. Next week to go is 16 July and then just 6 weeks left across 7 rentals up to 3 Sep. Found it hard this year but have JUST about managed.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Marks

Post by Marks »

I've asked before and wasn't answered so I'll ask again :D

Those of you who have bookings for 2012 and 2013, how do you get them? What do you do that's different? Or is it just luck?

All my adverts show forward prices to the end of 2012, calendars updated and I also slot in text along the lines of "Bookings now being take for 2012." I don't think I'll mention 2013 just yet :lol:
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

A lot of mine are repeats, and I guess the others are just organised people who want to secure exactly the sort of accommodation they want, early. Big groups (12+) usually book early as they have a lot of people and transport to organise. Or maybe it is just luck...
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I am not sure there is anything you can actually do to get bookings that far ahead (I hope someone will say if there is, because I would love to know!). We already have bookings for next February (skiing season) - all regulars who know how hard it is to get the apartment they want if they wait. We have just taken our first summer 2012 booking. I would say (although the one thing I have learned this year is that there is no pattern) that early bookings come over time i.e. the longer you go on letting, the earlier the bookings will come in. I would say that the one we have taken for next June is the earliest we have ever had (apart from a couple for which there was a specific reason). I can remember a few years back being green with envy because others were getting bookings for next summer in the autumn and we didn't start until January. Yet last year, we had what will probably turn out to be 30%+ of this year's revenue booked by end December.