Checking website after alterations

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Hello again,
if anyone is there could they have another look at my site - I have resized everything as Marcus suggested and fingers crossed the pages should fit on the screen now.....Thanks!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

I still have to scroll right, by about an inch.
Cheers
PC
ashtondav

Post by ashtondav »

So do I....

Have a good weekend, and don't spend all the time at the keyboard!

Tudor
Sometimes i sits and thinks - and sometimes i just sits...
enid

Post by enid »

Me too - but you're nearly there - tedious isn't it?!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Is it still really higgledy piggledy with text going everywhere or is it a bit neater now (to anyone who saw it before)? Particularly the cottages page.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Its not higgledy piggledy at all, but that page still has the scroll problem.
Cheers
PC
marcus

Post by marcus »

Hi

The tables are all set at 1024 now, much better. But for a 1024 screen that is the total width, so the scroll bar at the right uses, say, 30 pixels. Hence there is only 994 left for your site, not the whole 1024.
So we will need to scroll the width of the scroll bar to see the right hand edge...

Getting there!
Marcus
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Thanks, I will have another go - I wasn't sure how many pixels in an inch!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I've re-done it, I think it works without scrolling now, but if anyone has the time to check I'd be very grateful!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Bang on well done Susan.
Cheers
PC
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Phew, thats a relief. Thanks everyone for your help! It is strange though, because when I look at the site on my widescreen now it is squashed to the left, but all other sites such as LMH take up the full screen.
Anyway, now I can get stuck into working out how to get the menu down the left hand side instead of at the bottom...
enid

Post by enid »

Perfect -well done that girl!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Thanks Enid,
Could be a pain and I ask you one more thing (as I think you are still on dial-up) does it still take ages to load, the cottages page in particular?
marcus

Post by marcus »

Hi Susan,

Your squashedupness is really the same problem as before - you are using a fixed width table say 990 pixels wide to cover a variety of sizes of screens, from 800 pixels wide to 1200 pixels wide. That will always give problems.

LMH and others will largely be defined in percentages, or some other 'trick' to make them look balanced, rather than exact pixels.

I would try changing "width=990" or whatever you have at the moment in your tables for "width=100%" and see if that sorts it out (likewise the cells within the table "width=33%" and so on)

Cheers
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Marcus, I worked this out earlier and changed it accordingly, but my partner Steve has just checked the site out and says it is still a mess - is he right? It was OK but squashed earlier, so I went and changed everything to 100%, but I don't seem to be seeing the same as him, to me it is unsqushed and OK, on his screen a mess.
Oh dear.