holiday-rental.com money back guarantee

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
CostaBlanca

holiday-rental.com money back guarantee

Post by CostaBlanca »

Hi,
New here on the forum and I have been delving over past posts and I cannot remember (as there are hundreds of very good threads to read :D ) if it was decided how one could claim their subscription fee back if not delighted (satisfied?). If you received lots of enquiries and no bookings, would that be sufficient to make a claim? I suppose I should reply to their offer and ask them but I thought I would ask here first.

Maria
ashtondav

Post by ashtondav »

I joined up for this. They sent me an invite with a special code to quote. I think it had helped that i had registered on their site a couple of months ago. No strings attached - not happy money back. been with them since mid December, so far one enquiry no booking. I intend playing fair - if I don't get any bookings by end april i'll cancel. I am expecting them to deliver as they are far and away the most expensive site i have come across. Good luck

Tudor
www.frigiliana-apartment.com
Sometimes i sits and thinks - and sometimes i just sits...
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Astondav

I joined H-R in October 2005 but did not get the money back guarantee. So far, not really impressed, but it is early days. How did manage to get the money back guarantee? Did you see it advertised on their site or did you get an email direct from them?
ashtondav

Post by ashtondav »

hi

i got an email invite with a special code i had to quote in my application.

good luck!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I got an e-mail invite today, but have managed to lose it from my inbox, still, I though they were expensive. I ddi however make an enquiry for a property for the Summer while I was on there.
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Hi,

I also got the money back guarantee, but due to the price and the fact there appears to be hundreds of properties in my area alone, I have been wary of committing myself.

Tudor,
I was holidaying in your area over the Christmas, namely Almunecar. The weather was great and so many places to visit, I loved it.

Maria
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

i got an email invite with a special code i had to quote in my application
Wished I'd have waited!! It is the most expensive rental listing site we're with so far.....with not many leads to date! I'm going to give them a trial until April then make a decision whether I renew or not for next year. An expensive gamble...but I'll put it down to experience!
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi there

Haven't been on for a while, so don't know whether things have moved on, but I thought I'd mention that I received a similar offer last year (which I didn't take up). The money back guarantee was dependent on you updating your availability at least once per fortnight. Great if you're very organised, I'm not and I know that in the course of a year I'm bound to forget at least once.

Sarah
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

"The money back guarantee was dependent on you updating your availability at least once per fortnight."
That was the sting in the tail!
Still, it's a fair condition - and a lot more advertisers are updating regularly, so it seems to be working.
Best,
Alexia.
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Hi,

I have received mail from Ross (H-R) and he confirms the money back guarantee if not satisfied. He did not mention about any "sting in the tail".

Maria
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

You want a money back guarantee from H-R if "not satisfied".

Do you offer the same guarantee to your visitors? I'll bet you don't.
charles

Post by charles »

Is this thread about www . holiday-rentals . com/ or the one as indicated in the title?

And for those receiving the email invites - are you in an opt-in scheme or are these things coming in out of the blue?

Charles
ashtondav

Post by ashtondav »

This thread is about H-R.

Alan, a rental and a site are 2 different things. A holiday is an 'experience', as such anyone can be satisfied or dissatisfied by the 'experience' - as any book of (honest) reviews will show. (One group may love a stormy 2 weeks of rain and wind, another loathe it).

An advertising site is emphatically NOT about an 'experience'. It is ONLY about getting enquiries/bookings. No enquiries/bookings, no value. Not worth anything. Zilch. Very simple. I would want my money back.

I would totally agree that if someone said they wanted their money back because of the 'feel' of the site, this would be wrong. Money back guarantees are the same as legal no win no fee deals. Entirley justified.

Cheers

Tudor
(not a creepy, freeloading, cheapskate rotter but someone who likes sites to prove themselves rather than me pay for the priviledge)
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Tudor,

I will say this with tongue in cheek.

I'm obliged to you for telling me that a rental and a site are different things. I hadn't noticed.

Seriously though.

One of the underlying things which could make YHM unique is the possibility that it might “bridge the gap�.

Alan
roxytoo

hr

Post by roxytoo »

I'm not sure that you can get your money back in April, I think you have to give it the full year but I could be wrong! I have an email from David K that also says the refund does not depend on whether you update every two weeks..............so that's good! I have had 4 enquiries so far but no bookings........