Do you supply towels?

YES
88%
NO
12%

Total votes: 67

waterwitch

Post by waterwitch »

I agree it would be my preference to have towels provided but I do offer my guests the choice. the vast majority choose to bring their own. I don't think £10.00 is unreasonable for 4 sets of towels (bath, hand, face per person). I only have high quality white (which are always pristine and replaced as soon as they start to get a little worn) so taking purchase cost and laundry that's less than cost.

To be totally honest, providing towels is a real chore so the fact that so few of my guests request them makes life much easier for me and my cleaner.
Wendy@NorthIdaho

Post by Wendy@NorthIdaho »

Are you wanting everyone to answer the poll? I'm in North America and provide towels and beach towels, no extra charges, I don't think that would fly here at all if it was an option... haven't voted as I didn't know if you only wanted UK voters...

Wendy
New Vacation Rental called DayStar Lodge! (Sold Narrows Cottage now have a rental management company called A-List Rental Management)
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

We are in the UK and offer a price that is all inclusive of bedlinen, towels and household stuff.

However for the first time this year for short break UK guests only, we have given them the option of a small discount if they bring their own towels, although of course we will supply them if they want them. The vast majority bring their own and it has made changeovers (and laundry costs) easier. The only problem we have had is one set of guests who opted to bring their own and then left a comment in the guestbook about not being happy to have to take damp towels home with them on the train, which made it look as if we hadn't offered to supply them . . . .
charles cawley

Post by charles cawley »

Clever idea... discount when bringing your own towels / not using supplied towels.

I may suggest that to the only home owner with us who would prefer not to supply them.
No web-site for now.
Advice about holiday letting
J&J

Post by J&J »

A discount for not supplying towels sounds good to me.
We have just flown to the South of France with hand luggage only and although the accommodation provided towels, we stopped off at a supermarket on arrival to buy two white hand towels and two larger dark ones. Total cost - less than 20 euros, money well spent. It meant we could get make-up all over them if we wanted and take them in the car to wipe fruit stains and sun cream from our sticky fingers. We threw two of them away at the end of the week when we left, the other two replaced some items we had off loaded while away.
We only used one set provided by the owners.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Judith & James
Apartment in Dinard, Brittany.
J&J

Post by J&J »

oops, just realised the towel question applied to UK, but might still do the same if we were traveling light.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Judith & James
Apartment in Dinard, Brittany.
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Towels

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

I supply towels to all my guests ,each person gets a Small Hand Towel then a slighty Larger Bath Towel for use when showering ,but i request if the guests want to use the local village outdoor pool (freibad ) they must bring their own swim towels, and also as we accept small dogs on request i request that they do not use the apartment towels for drying the dog.
the towels are changed once a week.
i do all the laundry myself ,the towels i provide are of reasonable quality ,white in colour, so i am always on the look out for bargains :D

I also provide free Wifi as last year i made a small charge, but i decided to drop the charge this year as people i think expect this facility ,but i do monitor the useage by only giving them the WAP Key on request and they sign a disclaimer agreeing to not use any "dodgy" sites or excessive gaming /downloads
When it comes to wine, I tell people to invest in a good corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking

The truth is the best German wine remains in Germany
So forget your memories of Blue Nun & Black Tower