Pool liners & sunscreen

For anything to do with the garden and pool
DebsPlace

Pool liners & sunscreen

Post by DebsPlace »

I've been frantic for the last week trying to remove a nasty yellowish tide mark from our pool liner caused, I think, by certain types of sunscreen. Happy to say I've finally managed to remove most of it today by using an 'eye & makeup remover' product, it was a huge Eureka! moment, so I thought I'd share it with anyone still trying to find a solution. javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
I'm getting slightly madder, each and every day!
Leslie May

Post by Leslie May »

-
Last edited by Leslie May on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
DebsPlace

Post by DebsPlace »

Hi Leslie
That made me smile!
Eerrr I only had a bottle of Clinique 'take the day off', remover available. In my defense I have had this for 4 years and never used it so thought a bit of recycling was acceptable! I got the idea after trawling through the internet and someone suggested it so decided to give it a go! So I'll now look for a much cheaper alternative and use that until I can find something more effective.
Leslie May

Post by Leslie May »

-
DebsPlace

Post by DebsPlace »

I've just been given a 'water lily' to try, it's an absorbant lily shaped pad that you put in the skimmer and it's supposed absorb oil, sun cream & other greasy, mucky stuff that pollutes the pool! Also trialling a 'magic foam' sponge that's supposed to remove dirt and yuk' from pool waterlines, (when it finally stops raining). I'll let you know the results.
Leslie May

Post by Leslie May »

-
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

We bought a box of 'water lilies' a couple of seasons ago but couldn't get them to stay in the skimmers. They seemed determined to embark on Kon-Tiki expeditions to remote places and, after repeatedly fishing them out of the pool, I gave up on them.

Jim
DebsPlace

Post by DebsPlace »

Have to admit I thought the lily might be a bit of a gimick, so after both your comments I won't be wasting money on them. I do like the idea of adding something to the pool sheet Leslie, we do ask guests to use the solar shower but I can't make them and OH says I can't use a cattle prod, I especially like the oily scum phrase!javascript:emoticon(':wink:')
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

They seemed determined to embark on Kon-Tiki expeditions to remote places
:lol: :lol:
Oh what a wonderful image that conjured up for me Jimbo!

Have you tried Fairy washing up liquid to disperse the grease? That's what our pool guy uses (though we have tiles so not an issue with staining)

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!