I've got my first booking - now what?!!!!

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
moose

I've got my first booking - now what?!!!!

Post by moose »

Help! I'm very excited, just got my first booking.... I know I've got to send booking form, T&C's but what sort of nice things can I say in the cover letter to put them at ease.

Apart from directions can't think of what else I need to do. Does anyone have a check list they work to that I could nic?!!!

I'm not being lazy - I know I can do my own - I'm just so worried about missing something when I know this is their annual 2 week holiday and I don't want to let them down.

Any top tips would be really gratefully received!
Thanks a mil
mindadowling

Post by mindadowling »

Hi Moose,

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your first booking! It's very exciting isn't it?

Whatever you do, don't send them the directions to your home until they have paid the entire rental costs plus security deposit if you request one.

Hope you get loads more bookings!
paolo

Post by paolo »

Just be human in the way you write to them.

If this is the deposit stage you will need to confirm when they can arrive and when they need to leave, for their travel planning.

If you have a list of the best websites relating to your location, you can send those too.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Hi Moose,
as everyone has said, just be polite, remind them of essentials (arrival/departure time, bed linen/towels included or not/when you will write to them again with the final balance invoice). They will forget lost of this so you will need to repeat it when you send the final balance invoice and directions. They will forget all this too and will probably contact you the week before the holiday starts to ask if bed linen is provided.
I always end with the sentence
"If you have any further queries regarding the accomodation or the area, please do not hesitate to contact me." Optional if you live on site "I look forward to meeting you next July"
Good luck!