Are we putting people off?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Linda Freese

Post by Linda Freese »

Sorry, just realised that your name is Kayley and not Hayley! :oops:
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Don't worry, I'll answer to anything polite.

It sounds a good idea, but how do I put it on? I haven't quite found my way around the entire site yet. There's so much information, I never know where to look next.

We haven't got a website yet. My husband was supposed to work with me on one yesterday, but took my sons skiing instead!

At the moment it's just advertised on a listing site. Can I post the address of that?

I do think that we'll have to re do our photos. I've been looking at other people's web sites and i'm just overwhelmed by the standard of them, and the beautiful properties shown on them. Makes my wee apartment look very modest indeed!
Linda Freese

Post by Linda Freese »

Hi Kayley

I´m not an expert, but I think you can link your listings page to this website as I have noticed that other members have done so.

I´m sure someone reading this with more technical knowledge will be able to tell you how it´s done!

Linda
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Linda, can I ask where you advertise and if you are happy with them?
Linda Freese

Post by Linda Freese »

Yes of course! I advertise with holiday-rentals and with costaconnections. I´ve always been happy with both of these sites, especially holiday rentals. I have tried Owners Direct, Holiday lettings (good too), and Villarama in the past but decided to advertise with only two as they were the ones that gave me the most enquiries and bookings.

Who are you on with?
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

At the moment we are only with rentinspain. We chose them because when we used to have a house near Iznajar we got most of our rentals from them. We also found ownersdirect quite good. I think we need to choose one more to advertise with. At the moment I am looking at rentals in this are on owners direct and there are so many to choose from, all with beautiful photos. Our apartment does not photoghraph well, it's impossible to get the right angles, so I think it would be worth paying for a professional photographer, but I have to persuade my husband that it's worth spending money on.
Linda Freese

Post by Linda Freese »

Where are you on the Costa del Sol? We´re in Benalmadena, near Torrequebrada Golf.
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

We're on the Eastern side. Towards Nerja and midway between Torrox and Torre del Mar. We're on the edge of a village so I feel I need to market the apartment slightly differently than I would if we were right in a resort.

I don't know Benalmadena very well, but I did a powerboat course there, summer before last and thought the area around the Marina was just lovely.
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Linda, I've just looked at the holiday rental site and found I had to register before I could look at the FAQ's. Having registered, I now see that if an advertiser refers a friend, both parties get free photos. Would this interest you? If it does and you send me a PM with your e mail address, I will try to contact them and explain In made an error and see if they will let you recommend me.
missbev

Post by missbev »

Linda Freese wrote:Where are you on the Costa del Sol? We´re in Benalmadena, near Torrequebrada Golf.
So are we Linda :D
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

:D m
Last edited by Big Sis.. on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Maybe there ARE 5 milion new homes being built in Spain...
Best,
Alexia.