Pool (beach) Towels

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Mouse

Pool (beach) Towels

Post by Mouse »

Having had my departing guests leave with 2 of my beach towels I'm now down to the bare minimum of 8 in one set so need to buy some more (just incase any more go walkies).

The last ones I bought were only £5 from M&S and great quality but they only do £15 ones now which seem expensive to me.
Does anyone know of a good place to buy cheap, but decent quality beach towels?

thank you!

Mousie (now understanding why hotels have their name embroided on the towels :roll: )
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

Hi Mousie,

I've been looking for cheap good quality beach/pool towels too. Up to now I haven't provided them, but have had a request for next year (enquiry came to nothing, but its made me think I should have them available - I have a feeling bookings are going to be more difficult next year so need to cover all bases - already had 2 weeks cancelled in Aug 2012). As I'd have to buy multiple sets of towels I also don't want to be paying £15+ for each towel.

I haven't managed to track any down on internet at a good price. Have been round various shops and either they have none at all or I did find some in one place - good price but very poor quality (very thin and looked worn out & faded already!) so rejected them.

So.... I'd also be very interested in knowing if anyone has any suggestions for reasonable quality & good prices (and patterned so they make minor sun cream stains less noticable) too.
The Olive Grove

Post by The Olive Grove »

Have you tried local markets. I managed to haggle down the price of pretty good quality beach towels to €8 each in our local market.
Marks

Post by Marks »

I was going to suggest similar. I've recently bought new patio table & chairs and parasols in Eroski at 50% off :D
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

There's no such thing as a local market here unfortunately...only markets with expensive 'artisan' goods and food markets.

The towels sold here are expensive that's why I originally got mine from M & S. At £5 they were a bargain...I got 19 (2 sets for 8 people and some spares) but I'm down to 16 now.

It's a pain really, people walking off with towels don't realise the problems they cause. If I lose 1 more that's it...the set will end up with a mis-matched towel :roll:

Mouse
x
domino

Post by domino »

Its really weird isnt it. Guests 'flying in' want us to provide towels cos they dont want to pack bulky items or pay for the extra weight in their luggage etc etc then they steal them from you!!
Where is the logic in that :?
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Lidl had some really nice looking ones (in promotional literature anyway and usually their towels are pretty good) Coca Cola theme €6.99 as I recall but I think it was last week and I seem to have missed them - B*****R :roll: :roll:

Will have to resort to market as usual as most of mine have taken quite a beating this year - no one has walked off with one although I did get one 'swapped'!

I think they are now an absolute necessity with luggage costs going up all the time. If you don't supply them you can be sure that your nice house towels will be finding their way to the beach...

Sorry Mouse - don't have any positive suggestions to offer... although we can get pretty nice ones in market for €8. What are postage rates like between mainland and Ibiza - happy to get you some if if helps.
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
KathyG

Re: Pool (beach) Towels

Post by KathyG »

Mouse wrote: The last ones I bought were only £5 from M&S and great quality but they only do £15 ones now which seem expensive to me.
Three spares at £15 would still be cheaper than replacing the whole lot though Mousie?
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Marks wrote:I was going to suggest similar. I've recently bought new patio table & chairs and parasols in Eroski at 50% off :D
Yep, but will they get you dry after a dip in the pool??? :wink: :D

Thanks for the tip Mark,[ I will pop into Eroski when Im out in Spain soon.we seem to 'eat' tables and chairs]

http://bit.ly/pBLl6U Have you seen this one Mousie? surely noone would 'nick' it
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

:lol: :lol:

Love it! And I bet it would never be taken outside the villa grounds by our guests :lol:
Three spares at £15 would still be cheaper than replacing the whole lot though Mousie?
They don't sell the ones I have now Katie, so unless I replace the whole set I would have mis-matched towels. I hate to have anything mis-matched so it would be 10 towels at £15.

Sense tells me just get the nearest match I can, but the perfectionist in me would cringe every time I put them out on the sunbeds at changeover :roll:

Mouse
x
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Mouse wrote:
Sense tells me just get the nearest match I can, but the perfectionist in me would cringe every time I put them out on the sunbeds at changeover :roll:

Mouse
x
I do them all in pairs to avoid this problem. The odd ones I end up with become ours or spares. That way everyone knows whose towel is which (or at least one of two!)
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

Mouse

Post by Mouse »

You know Peps that makes sense. I do make things harder for myself sometimes.

I'm still thinking of getting the ones I have left embroided with the name of the house so I might add a number...1 to 8 :D
That way I can identify who had what :lol:

Mouse
x
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Mouse wrote: I'm still thinking of getting the ones I have left embroided with the name of the house so I might add a number...1 to 8 :D

Mouse
x
That might make them even more collectable - hotels lose millions!

Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Mouse wrote:You know Peps that makes sense. I do make things harder for myself sometimes.

I'm still thinking of getting the ones I have left embroided with the name of the house so I might add a number...1 to 8 :D

Mouse
x
Now that is going too far.... :wink:

Just think of it this way Mousie - you wouldn't put all the same cushions on lounge sofas (would you?) if you were doing an interior design, so why not view the outside as another space to be artfully designed (after all you've done a great job with the pool lighting etc)? Therefore, think like Pepsi and have a selection or pairs of beautifully co-ordinated ones instead!

Go on you know it makes sense. :lol:
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Nemo wrote: Therefore, think like Pepsi and have a selection or pairs of beautifully co-ordinated ones instead!
My most satisfying buys are when I find 'pairs' where the design is the same but the colours are reversed - then each person can identify his or her own.

It doesn't take much to make my day!! :roll: