Should I be panicking yet?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

This may seem like an obvious question, but do you have to advertise a specific period on Ebay? I've had a quick look at their corporate site but couldn't really find anything to help. Probably not looking in the right place!
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
enid

Post by enid »

I'll like to know how to go about this too as I am an e bay virgin!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Afer looking around at the other ads, I offered mine as a weekly let, and gave a choice of dates available.
The item no is 250000068215 if you want to have a look, no response yet though.
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

enid wrote:I'll like to know how to go about this too as I am an e bay virgin!
Enid, I would never have known! :wink:
WELSH ANGEL

Post by WELSH ANGEL »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MESE:IT

Item number: 6629183746

I've been advertising on Ebay for some time now with a cost of £3.80 every 10 days got 3 bookings and many request's but unfortunately the dates was booked things have gone quite now i assume that's because most of my high wks have gone but for under £4 well worth it for me :D

Were Ebay is concerned I'm very happy,if any one needs help please get in touch i would be glad to help.
YNDW DWI YN SIARAD CYMRAEG !!
enid

Post by enid »

I'd like help please - I have just one week left in July that I'd like to shift but wiould also like a go at getting some bookings for June. I'm registered on ebay france but can I register on e bay UK too?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Not sure, I've never tried to register on ebay france, but what a good idea!!!! I wouldn't be too good at writing the ad in French though.
Helen
WELSH ANGEL

Post by WELSH ANGEL »

Hi Enid
Log on to http://www.ebay.com/ scroll down to the bottom on the left hand side there is a shop around the world select and go.you dont need to re regester,if you have any problems at the top of the page (ebay.com)you can see on the right LIVE HELP this is ebay help line its much better than email.

Let me know how you get on :lol:
enid

Post by enid »

Thanks - got a bit of a panic on here as guests and family are arriving and ,of course, there is still a lot to do - I'll have a go as soon as things calm down and let you know - thanks for the advice
Highams Park Harry

Post by Highams Park Harry »

my fairly limted research into ebay lets led me to believe that the prices paid were very low and some stories that the guests were rather low quality as regards looking after the place?

any feedback regarding that?
Dordogne Holiday Cottage, sleeps eight
http://www.ruedelagare.co.uk
WELSH ANGEL

Post by WELSH ANGEL »

Hi
As some of you know I advertise on ebay, I've had 3 bookings and they all have been brilliant why should ebay customers be any different to anywhere else you advertise,as for price you set your own price it does not matter what the others do.

Just use ebay for advertising only, you set your price for 99 pence then you specify at the beginning THIS IS NOT AN AUCTION PLEASE DO NOT BID place this again in the middle and at the bottom have a look at mine for an example.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

For under £12 a month I reckon its a bargain as the most of the world can see it,unfortunately most of the enquires I've had recently has been for wks that have been booked but never mind It still gets seen.

So dont worry give it a try,If I can help please let me know
enid

Post by enid »

Ooh - I had a look - very good but I realise I'm going to need more spare time than I tyhought to prepare something like that.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

WSell, I finally got the 2 week midsummer booking, without the Paypal ad. I've not renewed it as apparently loads of large lorries appeared in the last few days, to finish the rest of the grounds, and the swimming pool. Although we're at the other end, and don't overlook the works at all, I didn't think it would look too good.
Badger

Post by Badger »

I've never advertised a rental through ebay but 2 years age I did bid for a last minute 5 night break in a pine lodge. We won it for £99 and very good it was too, so I would certainly look out for something like that again.
The clever thing there was that the owners of the lodge put me on their mailing list for last minute offers so it keeps them in contact with me, even now I receive the occasional last minute deal - and I would use them again.
At the time of the break it was Euro 2004 so I wanted to make sure there was a tv there for the footy for hubs. As we were out walking all day we wanted to stay in most nights. Well the tv was the smallest portable ever - you needed a pair of binoculars to watch it! We had to pull the 2 chairs right up to the screen every night. Unfortunately it rained most evenings anyway so its not as if we could have sat on the verandah at night for a change.
On our return home the owner asked for feedback, I told her honestly that we had had a wonderful time, the lodge was lovely and that the only thing I would change would possibly be a slightly larger tv?
She huffily replied that most of her guests were the type who went to appreciate the beauty of the area (we did!) - not to watch tv. So that put us in our place. She emailed a newsletter a couple of weeks ago with photos of upgrade they had done - new beds, better kitchen, still the same tv though.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Well, I've put my Ebay ad back online as Welsh Angel suggested above, it's HERE