Website Review

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
davedeighan

Website Review

Post by davedeighan »

We are very grateful for feedback from LMH - and have asked most years for feedback on our websites given that tastes change and what holidaymakers look for varies and evolves (as does design and technology!)
If anyone would like to comment on site below we would be most grateful - I have lost my ability to see the wood for the trees I think and am particularly interested in site navigation and user friendliness

Kind Regards

Dave
http://www.holidaywicklow.com
never do today what you can do tomorrow
CSE

Post by CSE »

The first thing I see is a website based upon Flash. It is very very hard (if not impossible) to get search engines to index flash websites, as they do not see any content.

When I use the navigation buttons if I hover over the Our Irish Cottage button it behaves in the same way as the others…except I can still see the Follow button over the top, blocking the drop down menu.
Under Attractions I can see a lot of photos but these do not show as a webalbum/lightbox presentation. So I have to click one then close it again. Finding how to close the photo was at first difficult because of the grey and black theme I could not see how to do this. Maybe use the same theme as on The Cottage page.

I am actually a bit confused as to what you are selling. I read mainly about your Irish cottage, located one hour south of Dublin in the Wicklow Mountains, However under rates and availability I can see Wicklow Cottage for C and Easter Cottage for D. What is C and D? Where are details about these tow cottages?

Hope this helps a bit.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

Dave, I have only had time to look at your home page, visually I like everything about it but your source code in MHO is wrong.
I will be interested to see if anyone agrees with me!
Read up on where to place your text within the coding and understand how H1, H2 H3 H4 H5 H6 should be used which will help google find specific elements.Google is fickle ! You are not allowing google to see any alt text associated with your pictures.
When you create the page are you watching what happens to the html coding? Good luck.
Edited....Oop's , I have just spotted in another post that you use moonfruit. Sadly, I think with this prog you will have difficulty making " a search engine professional website" but saying that, if you are happy with it and are only using as a platform to be viewed then leave well alone. But be aware it is a basic prog.