dateblocker

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
pepsipuss

dateblocker

Post by pepsipuss »

Does anyone use dateblocker for their calendar?

I am with Getaway Earth (which has not yet delivered anything but a major upgrade just announced so I am hopeful). However I need to link to a calendar to get the calendar updates and am considering dateblocker for all my calendar updates - would certainly save me a lot of time if they link to lots of small sites I am on.
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Pepsi, I use dateblocker. I link it to getawayearth and find it very easy to use. I wish more people had the facility to link to an outside calendar like this instead of having their own as I have to remember to update so many. If I had my own site, I would most likely use it on that as well.

edited to say - I had read your post too quickly and didn't realise the 'your' related to a question about people's personal sites so I am just using it like you at the moment.
Harborfields

Post by Harborfields »

We are using dateblocker for the availability calendars for our cottages on our website. You just copy and paste the frame code they generate and paste it into the html for your page. You can see an example here: http://www.harborfields.com/Cottages/WharfCottage.html (just below "the fold")

We also have a dateblocker calendar for all 9 of our cottages here: http://www.harborfields.com/Cottages/Availability.html (scroll to bottom). I only found dateblocker a month ago -- I had been publishing availability information manually on this page, and the remnants of that effort are still there.

You have some control of the color scheme in dateblocker, but you don't have much control over layout.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I'm not sure I want or need to use yet another calendar. My online booking system one is on my website, and already updates Holiday Lettings and Holiday Rentals.
Elcarmoli

Post by Elcarmoli »

Yes I've been using datablocker since the spring on our Lodge website and have found it simple to use and update. I intend to use it for the apartment in Spain too, just haven't got round to making the changes yet.
www.holidaymurcia.com - Spacious Apartment in Spain
www.rhumhor.com - Lochside Holiday Lodge, sleeps up to 11 people

Member of Associaton of Scotland's Self-Caterers
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

FelicityA wrote: edited to say - I had read your post too quickly and didn't realise the 'your' related to a question about people's personal sites so I am just using it like you at the moment.
Actually you were right first time, Felicity - I posted in haste and did not explain myself fully. I am hoping to be able to use if to avoid endless updates on listing sites.
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Harborfields

Post by Harborfields »

Sorry, I can't comment on how well dateblocker interfaces with any listing sites -- they say that they interface with quite a few, though.
Windy

Post by Windy »

AFAIK Dateblocker doesn't link to Getaway Earth (yet - Andy - any chance?)

I have been using it quite successfully for a basic listing site I run - all 30 owners use it and I can show their availability by using Iframes in a web page. The colour and basic layout are customisable - n months in n columns.

I used to use another free system (I think it was called rentcalendar.com) but it went bump one night.

Dateblocker has been pretty reliable over the last 4 years. It goes down for an hour or so once in a blue moon.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Windy just checked . You can use Dateblocker.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Thanks Helen - do you mean with Getaway ? It's not listed on the dateblocker site .

http://www.dateblocker.com/Index.aspx?Pageid=1553&l=1

so how would I do that?

Whoops - belay that - i just realised that Andy has done it the other way round. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I've just dropped Andy an email to see if he can add my booking system to the list. Worth a shot. I can link to it from my Promote my Place website.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Andy was most accommodating when I first listed with Getaway earth and added it specially for me as they didn't have it on their list. I was very impressed! :)
ViksB

Post by ViksB »

How do sites like this afford to be free?

It seems very good.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Unless you joined before 31st August , it is no longer free.
ViksB

Post by ViksB »

Oh well - just have to stick to doing it in excel and importing it!!