Guest making up reply response.

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
andilubio

Guest making up reply response.

Post by andilubio »

Wow this just made me laugh...

This guest just replied me with a made up email supposedly of my father replying before me. I just can´t handle how people make stuff up to get a better discount.

Dear Andy,

I have already received an offer today from Fxxx Cxxxx for this villa for xxxx Euro (please see below) which is much cheaper than your offer. So i will be discussing this with Francisco in more detail as soon as I have discussed it with the rest of our group.

Best Regards,

Chris

Good afternoon Chris,
First of all we want to thank you for being interested in our property. We are happy to inform you that our villa is still available between 30 July to 13 August (14 nights stay). Including a welcome basket on arrival to get you in the holiday mood!
For the period, between 30 July 2012(check-in) to 13 August 2012(check-out) we agree with your offer - € x,xxx. The rate include utility bills. Let me know if you wish to move forward with a reservation and I will be happy to assist you.

I remain at your disposal for any questions,
Fxxxx Dxxx Cxxxx
www.nuevespigas.com Villa in Casarabonela, Malaga. Spain

9 rooms, 18 people. private pool
Darko Kontin

Post by Darko Kontin »

I had to bookmark this to show it of to friends :D Classic.

We never had such attempts. Only a few where guests said that the man who talked to them offered some discount if they were talking to some other person. But we could easily check everything so we had no problems.
andilubio

Post by andilubio »

I was really tempted to reply with some errors he made of the "would be reply" but just replied with a more moderate email saying that we had no such record of that email being sent.

andilubio

Post by andilubio »

And the story continues...

He still does not want to give up... this time he makes up the whole upper frame of the made up reply with a fake email that we dont even have...

Dear Andy,

Please find below a copy of the email from Fxxxxx D. Cxxxxxx confirming a price of xxxx Euro for this villa which I received earlier today. I hope this stops any further confusion.

Best Regards,

Chris

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: chpugh2002@yahoo.co.uk
Sent: Tuesday, 13 September 2011, 12:07
Subject: Re: Fwd: Spain-holiday.com enquiry on id: xxxx - Chris Pugh
Good afternoon Chris,First of all we want to thank you for being interested in our property. We are happy to inform you that our villa is still available between 30 July to 13 August (14 nights stay). Including a welcome basket on arrival to get you in the holiday mood!For the period, between 30 July 2012(check-in) to 13 August 2012(check-out) we agree with your offer - € x,xxx. The rate include utility bills. Let me know if you wish to move forward with a reservation and I will be happy to assist you.I remain at your disposal for any questions,Fxxxx D. Cxxxxxx

Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I guess they're thinking that the email will be handled by a team rather than an individual and therefore won't cross reference?

Whatever they think you sure don't want them as guests!
andilubio

Post by andilubio »

Nemo wrote:I guess they're thinking that the email will be handled by a team rather than an individual and therefore won't cross reference?

Whatever they think you sure don't want them as guests!
I know right! That is just what I thought!

Imagine if at these early steps of the process they are making things up, what could happen if they actually rent the vila! :roll:

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Shock! :shock: Do people really go to those lengths? Or is someone else, a 3rd party, hi-jacking your site and hoping to extract money from would-be holidaymakers?

I think I would investigate that first (and then not touch it with the proverbial plastic barge-pole)

Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
andilubio

Post by andilubio »

That could be true...

Just in the case I have changed a couple of the passwords.

Afrique

Post by Afrique »

Hi
This is my first post, so sorry for lurking for a while and saying nothing.
I have found this forum so interesting, helpful, funny and a little scary at times but altogether very enjoyable and so informative.

Anyway, I wanted to add to this thread as I have only recently got into the holiday let market and one of my first enquiries was a chap who when given the 'thank you for your enquiry' email, he replied with 'sorry, your apartment is much more expensive than others in the same area, with the same facilities so I wont be booking with you'. As I am a bit of a 'Googler', I Googled him and found him saying the same thing on open rental web sites to other holiday let folk. I think he is a serial 'let me see who I can wind up today' sort of guy. I think some people wake up in the morning, and where most of us have Coco Pops or Porridge, there are those who say 'who can I annoy the hell out of this morning'? I think your guy is so stupid you have to laugh at his attempts. :lol:
RichardHenshall

Post by RichardHenshall »

andilubio wrote:That could be true...

Just in the case I have changed a couple of the passwords.
Maybe you should ask Chris exactly how he first made the contact, which prompted the response from your "father", in case it is some kind of hi-jack. He could be genuinely interested in your property but at risk of becoming a victim of a scam.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Afrique wrote:I think he is a serial 'let me see who I can wind up today' sort of guy. I think some people wake up in the morning, and where most of us have Coco Pops or Porridge, there are those who say 'who can I annoy the hell out of this morning'? I think your guy is so stupid you have to laugh at his attempts. :lol:
Yes... there's a term for this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

However, in this case, if the person is being seemingly persistent, I would err on the side of caution and investigate Mols' suggestion.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
andilubio

Post by andilubio »

Well after that second email he has not replied. I politely told him that was an error and that prices where the ones I told him about. :roll:

andilubio

Post by andilubio »

Guys, the saga continues... this lad just cracks me up...

Dear Andy,

I can assure you I don't have anything confused, I sent a genuine enquiry to your website regarding this villa, I did not note that the reply was from either your site or Holiday Booking I just noticed it was from Fxxxxx D Cxxxx. We have been booking villas for our summer holiday for over 12 years now and never have had any problems with owners before. We are always careful in which villas we choose and which booking companies we choose as well, as there has to be a level of trust with both parties. I feel this trust has been broken by you and therefore I am no longer interested in your property.

Regards

Chris Pugh

Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Well thank goodness for that. He can go and trouble someone else until they give in to his request..... :roll:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Crikey - he does like having the last word doesn't he! :lol:

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!