Laymyhat is down

To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
donafe

Laymyhat is down

Post by donafe »

Maybe it's worth adding a nice page explaining that the problem is being investigated and an ETA? At the moment when there is an unhandled exception it just shows it in the browser windows:

Database error: pconnect/connect(*.*.*.*, laymyhat, $Password) failed.
MySQL Error: ()
Session halted.

[IP address of LMH database removed by admin]
paolo

Post by paolo »

I think you are overestimating the resources behind this thing. Very occasionally the server is down, but things return to normal quite promptly. The ETA is...not long now.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

It's a neat trick, posting on a website that's down.
Brooke
paolo

Post by paolo »

Anybody wishing to contribute to the running costs of LMH should go to the homepage and use the donation box there. No amount too small. The homepage is reached by clicking on the logo at top left of this page.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
lorca

Post by lorca »

Yes, this thread did remind me that a donation was due. LMH is a fantastic resource for many of us - very many thanks Paolo and Brooke, I for one find it invaluable. The occasional downtime is no problem whatsoever.

As (I suspect) many regular posters rarely visit the homepage, perhaps a sticky on the Forum would encourage a few more users to contribute.
If not now, when?
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

lorca wrote:Yes, this thread did remind me that a donation was due. LMH is a fantastic resource for many of us - very many thanks Paolo and Brooke, I for one find it invaluable. The occasional downtime is no problem whatsoever.

As (I suspect) many regular posters rarely visit the homepage, perhaps a sticky on the Forum would encourage a few more users to contribute.
Timely reminder for me too, Lorca.

Good point about the sticky - or maybe a post in the How to support LMH thread? http://www.laymyhat.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=39
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Yup! I have been buying stuff from Amazon via LMH, only yesterday I forgot to do so (:oops: extenuating circs) so this was a timely reminder!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be