A newbie in Slovenia...any advice?

For topics that are specific to a country not covered above, please go here.
jnewson

A newbie in Slovenia...any advice?

Post by jnewson »

My wife and I are British-born world migrants (currently living in HK) and we have just bought a mountain village house 4km from Bovec in Slovenia...right in the Julian Alps. It's an eyeball paradise, where tourism ranges from skiing to rafting. Our current plans? Well, an architect is looking at the property with a view to making it into 3 holiday flats. I have a project manager ready to take up the task when I agree plans with the architect. We aim to test the model asap and then expand the operation and go and live there. My questions to anyone who may be reading are these:

1. Help! What have I done wrong?
2. Help! What am I about to do wrong?
Our apartments to let in Slovenia
Are meant to make our life creamier
It's just an attempt to make life less bent
Rather than revel in profits obscenier
Annette Slovenia

what is wrong

Post by Annette Slovenia »

Hi
I am Slovenian, living in Ljubljana and will start renting an apartment in center of Ljubljana.
I do not think you did anything wrong buying that house.
A lot of tourists are coming in that region and Italy is close by (problem is, that just few Italians do speak English).
Need more information; have other specific questions; ask me.
When you want to be in the real center,
come to our apartment in center of Ljubljana!
www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/ljubljana-city/56248
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

I visited Slovenia many years ago and can only think you'll do well; the country is breathtakingly beautiful. Welcome, and good luck with your project. Tough that you aren't closer for the moment to be more personally involved, but it will still be fun and don't forget us when it's all set to go!

Loved the poem! :lol:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be