A bit of a rant!

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
teba18

A bit of a rant!

Post by teba18 »

Sorry to have a bit of a rant ..... this is just somewhere I feel I can (hopefully safely!) let off a bit of steam! As part of the deal with our holiday apt in the Algarve we include (because we pay for them!) free membership of both a nearby 5* leisure club and a tennis club - and our prices are still not as high as some similar places. We've had an enquiry from a Dutch guy, replied with a reduced price offer because of the late booking, and he's now saying he thinks we should give him a bigger discount because we don't include reduced green fees to play golf!
Does anyone else have to rein themselves in from sometimes sending a really stroppy reply??!!
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Having worked with many Dutch people, I have found that their command of the English language is only surpassed by their command of English humour.

There is a very good chance that this is simply a wind up joke, and I'd suggest replying politely.

Perhaps something along the lines of "I only wish I could offer golf discounts, but ...." and then stick to your price.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I answered one phone query and said it was £xxx which was inclusive of gas, electricity, and linens. He asked how much it was not inclusive :roll: I gently explained that he wouldn't really want to do without those essentials for a week.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I answered one phone query and said it was £xxx which was inclusive of gas, electricity, and linens. He asked how much it was not inclusive Rolling Eyes I gently explained that he wouldn't really want to do without those essentials for a week.
Perhaps they were going to bring sleeping bags and a Primus stove!!! Probably sit round the camp fire in the middle of your sitting room.

TC
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

However you feel, there's nothing to be gained from a stroppy reply, so don't do it! :)

It could just be that it's an attempt at humour as suggest, that it's something that is lost in translation, or that he's simply just like that.

But whatever it is... best to keep any response professional.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.