What price would you rent for a party?

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
bananacake

What price would you rent for a party?

Post by bananacake »

Hi there...

i was wondering if you could help me or point me in the right direction....

i received an enquiry from someone that wants to rent my property for 1 night to celebrate his birthday. They will be a total of around 15 or 20.

Generally, what should i be charging? What do other venues charge in Italy?

Obviously i should be increasing my rate as its only one night but by how much?

many thanks!
camel

subject

Post by camel »

How much would a hotel charge in your area for a single & a double room is good start.

In addition you can charge for the hall/dining room or other services that you provide. I would make more enquiries as to no of double rooms, breakfast. drinks, food etc and in case the party gets a bit boestrous resulting in excessive wear & tear I would be a charging for it as well.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Are they actually staying overnight or just using it as an evening venue? (I notice your place has just 4 bedrooms...)
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
bananacake

Post by bananacake »

Hi there

Yes they will be spending the night (1 night). Even though the villa has 4 bedrooms its very spacious and we put extra beds in the corridor and living room.

My rates compared to hotel room rates are competitive but renting my property for an event like a party i feel should fall under a different rate category
Harborfields

Post by Harborfields »

If the guests were to hold the party in a hotel, they would also be renting a function room (plus hiring the hotel's catering department, etc...). So you can't compare your rate to just a hotel room rate -- you should be charging more, too. Maybe you could do a little research and find out what the rates are in your area at venues that host weddings and the like, and then set a rate based on that?
Last edited by Harborfields on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Personally speaking, if I was in your shoes, I don't think I'd want the booking.

To put extra beds in, etc., have extra laundry and presumably a much greater chance of damage with occupancy more than double what you would normally cater for... all for one night... doesn't seem worth the risk to me.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
revdev

Post by revdev »

kendalcottages wrote:Personally speaking, if I was in your shoes, I don't think I'd want the booking.

To put extra beds in, etc., have extra laundry and presumably a much greater chance of damage with occupancy more than double what you would normally cater for... all for one night... doesn't seem worth the risk to me.
+1!
See the job, do the job!
http://www.premiumturkishvillas.co.uk
bananacake

Post by bananacake »

Just to clarify that I have actually added on top of the nightly rate all the costs/expenses plus increased damage deposit

Also it's off season for me now so additional bookings are always welcome :)
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I've done it before - car parking is one issue to consider as well as the insode arrangements. I didn't have any problems with my guests, just regret not charging a lot more than I did!
bananacake

Post by bananacake »

la vache! wrote:I've done it before - car parking is one issue to consider as well as the insode arrangements. I didn't have any problems with my guests, just regret not charging a lot more than I did!
i have plenty of parking but - but yes that's what i need to figure out - how much MORE should i be charging.
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

Hi
I usually get 4-5 of these types of requests a year especially when the pool is open, so that they can party outside etc., It must be a personal choice but I always decline. You can not guarantee the numbers attending will be as stated and the increased opportunity for damage is just not worth the booking for a night. People partying around - pools and booze simply don't mix. As I said it needs to be a personal choice.