Overoccupancy enquiry (again)

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
harcourtv57

Overoccupancy enquiry (again)

Post by harcourtv57 »

We have just received an enquiry for Christmas week for our two bedroom apartment that sleeps 4 from a party of 2 adults and 7 children :shock: .

The children are aged, 10,10, 9, 7, 2,2 and 1 and the enquirer thinks that it would be ok to book if they 'bring a couple of travel cots' . . . . . . . . . . . . :roll:
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

oh no it won't !
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

OMG - where did they get all those kids from ?
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Maybe second marriages? Whatever, they have great taste - but a lot of cheek!

How could 2 adults keep a careful eye on 7 kids, three of whom are 2 yrs old or less, in amongst that immaculate stuff? Christmas .... mostly spent indoors perhaps, pressie opening, choccies, tinsel, spills/leaks by over-excited tinies ... perish the thought!

Perhaps it was a wind-up!? :)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

My first thought was OMG two sets of twins :shock:

But then I think I came to the conclusion that its probably two mums with two sets of kids about the same ages.

And there is only one bathroom . . . . . . . . . . .
windrush

Post by windrush »

Some people seem to think children don't count as occupants. I remember one phone enquiry where the lady was genuinely astonished that we couldn't accept her party of nine (we sleep six). "But five of us are children!!" she protested, as if that would suddenly change everything.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Familes recomposées perhaps? (there isn't a great term in English for thatunfortuately) It happens quite often when two people who are divorcedwith children, get together then procreate again. That sort of request wouldn't bother me.
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

la vache! wrote:Familes recomposées perhaps? (there isn't a great term in English for thatunfortuately) It happens quite often when two people who are divorcedwith children, get together then procreate again. That sort of request wouldn't bother me.
Not even for an apartment that only sleeps 4 LV? :roll:
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

la vache! wrote:That sort of request wouldn't bother me.
Would you really accept 2 adults and 7 children in a 2 bedroomed house? :shock:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

If it is low season, yes. I have loads of travel cots. Maybe not Christmas week though.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

For me it would be space dependent. In the little gites there isn't a lot of space so I could possibly sleep 6 instead of 4, either with 2 cots or mattresses on the floor. I do have a sofa bed in them too, but I wouldn't really encourage anyone to use them for more than a night as they are in the only living space. The gites are small.

At the beach house, you could reasonably put a cot bed in each bedroom - we supply 2, but if someone wanted to bring another 4 I'd be ok with that, particularly as I'm not on site, and what I can't see doesn't worry me so much!

But if I was aware that occupancy was going to be 18 instead of 12 I might up the security deposit.

I don't except camping in the garden (assuming someone asks), as I think that it would put a strain on the water systems in the house, and pretty much everything else too.
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

We have accepted over occupancy before if the 'extras' are small children, but its not only the space but the fact that 8 people would be sharing one bathroom (excluding the baby!). And I don't suppose the neighbours below (we are in a block) would be too happy about 7 children cooped up in a small apartment.

And no doubt they were expecting to pay the weekly rate published with no extra for extra guests . . . . . .
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Must be the silly season - just had an enquiry for 9 adults, 1 child & 1 dog. We sleep 5 max. I did enquire if it was a mis-type but apparently not.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

And no doubt they were expecting to pay the weekly rate published with no extra for extra guests .
Probably. In 7 years of renting and many cases of (requested)over-occupancy I have had only 2 instances where they have mentioned paying extra without my prompting.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!