YHM Membership

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
petehols

YHM Membership

Post by petehols »

Hi All

Firstly I would like to say a thank you to Paolo for keeping me up to speed with what is happening with this project. I am, to put it politely, a bit dissappointed with what has happened in this instance. I have just got back from a business trip and have found that the forum I helped to set up with other owners here has basically banned me from using it. I understand peoples paranoia of rental listing sites being in on this sort of topic but surely if I was going to be a hinderance or a spy in this sort of project then I would have been long before now. I have been posting on Lay my hat forum for a long time now offering help and advice to the numerous owners on this forum. I was only too glad to help whne the subject of owners themselves setting up their own rental listing site. After the owners on this forum decided that i was not to be trusted on this sort of topic, I suppose I felt slightly dejected and used in a way as I was part of this group right from the off.

I would have appreciated some sort of notification from any of the members that this was going to, or was about to happen. Unfortunately nobody kept me in the loop at all and the first thing I knew about it was when I emailed to find out why I was blocked from this project.

I don't want to ramble on here sounding bitter but I would have expected a bit more professional integrity in the way which I was treated as the goals of your new venture is supposed to be based on integrity is it not? I would even have like the opportunity to put my argument across but yet again there was no opportunity.

Finally I would like to wish you all teh best in your new venture and hope that it all goes well for you. At least I can now bow out with a bit of grace and my head held high.

All the best to everyone involved in this project and I hope you all find what you are looking for.

Regards

Pete
for worldwide holidays try www.lastminutevillaholiday.co.uk