TRIP ADVISOR

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
domino

Post by domino »

As always glad to be of service .

I agree with your sentiments LV and Nemo, my heart goes out to the poor couple whos business has been wrecked and whos mental health has been so severely affected.

The TA guy did get a bit flustered towards the end of the interview but otherwise a slick PR performance, not nice, not nice at all!
katiebythesea

Post by katiebythesea »

I listened to him on radio 2 - he did not come across well, are there really places with 1000s of reviews as he suggested??
Also did not mention how holiday rentals are on tripadvisor via paid adverts only, just went on about it being a level playing field where the customer benefits from his web sites most generous offerings :shock:
CSE

Post by CSE »

I do not trust TA one bit. I stayed recently in a B&B/small hotel and the review has now been removed. No explanation what so ever. No response either to my question why.
They are not an honest site.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Afrique

Post by Afrique »

I had guests recently who greeted me with 'we are avid reviewers on TA'. I felt a rash coming on and a nervous tic.

I checked in on them the next morning,(as I was to have an electrician check on a fault in our apartment, whilst they were there.) When I arrived they met me with a list of things they felt needed addressing (play jaws theme here). I felt myself sinking into the septic tank of TA reviewee stress.

However, I checked the list and they were items that were being sorted by the electrician or things that were just lack of communication. I.E one was an under counter light in the kitchen that was on an energy saver bulb, the guests assumed it was not working but if you waited a while it gave off more and more light. (don't ask how that works or why as I don't know).

Anyway, I left the apartment with a sinking feeling, as I thought things would not turn out good for me and i had lost confidence in my apartment already, when I shouldn't have.

They have since left a great review for us and booked for a return trip this year. They left great notes in the apartment with points of interest and restaurant reviews, so all in all it was very helpful. I was worried sick but in all fairness it was all good for me. I did have nice and fair TA reviewers though and not the people I saw on the show as I found those to be very unreasonable.
(my bathroom extractor fan stays on for bloody hours and for some reason when I alter it, it alters every apartment in my block)
As a note, when they booked they did ask why we had no reviews, so I sent them one we had on another site in German which seemed to aid their booking response. I am not convinced by reviews at all, but they do sway folk.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

la vache! wrote:Trip Advisor also being discussed on Jeremy Vine show today after 1pm (UK time), apparently with the TA slimeball. He must be on a UK PR mission this week!
Maybe we could get him to pop in here for an 'interview' 8)
CSE

Post by CSE »

I had to laugh today.
TA sent us an email to try and encourage us to add a listing to their site. This email gave a link to this page.
http://tripadvisor4biz.wordpress.com/bu ... ngs-video/
The in the video Mr. Cummins says something like it is important for independent hotels to have a web strategy. That well be so, but he his hardly one to know about independent hotels. He is the Co owner of this company. http://www.amerimar.com/
The hotel St. Ermin’s Hotel is hardly independent.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Speyside Steve

Post by Speyside Steve »

Am I right in saying that the only way to get Self Catering (rather than B&B/Hotel etc) listed on TA is via HolidayLettings.co.uk?

I have so far resisted listing on there as I am not convinced that the 'benefit' of being listed outweighs the cost, which is higher than any other site I list on.

Threads like this make me feel not so bad at 'missing out' on TA.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

You can be on there as specialty lodging by registering direct with them but you do need to be on site. Otherwise, you can get on through Flipkey as well.
Speyside Steve

Post by Speyside Steve »

Thanks, Margaret. I had not realised that.