How many bookings do you get with kids?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.

What percentage of your bookings are people with kids?

Under 25%
13%
25 - 50%
17%
50 - 75%
70%

Total votes: 23

Ciaram

How many bookings do you get with kids?

Post by Ciaram »

I was just wondering what proportion of bookings you get from May to September have kids. I'm assuming nearly 100% in July and August but about 50% in May, June and September. Can you correct if I'm wrong.
Ciaram

Post by Ciaram »

Sorry just realised I left of the last (and most important) category of 75 - 100%. Therefore please click on the 50-75% if you mean up to 100%.

Thanks
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I get over 75% even outside of July and August - do not under -estimate the number of pre-school families who come away in June and September, there are quite a lot!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

too many!! :lol:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

So far, 4 bookings, one couple(off-peak), 3 families(Feb half-terms) . As a skiing property I expect I'll have a different profile to everyone else. Most of the remaining enquiries have been couples probably because the peak weeks are booked, also it is only a 1 bedroom property.
gh

Post by gh »

soodyer wrote:too many!! :lol:
Good one :lol:

We ask ages of children on our booking form, sharp intake of breath if more than 1 teenage boy is going. They can be quite boisterious. Not had any major damage to date, finger's crossed for this year.

Does anyone else think this?
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

It's the toddlers that get me. Some parents tend to move everything up out of reach and don't put it back, Then you are digging out crisps from the back of the sofa, scraping cornflakes off the walls and wiping the tomato sauce handprints off the cupboards..... :shock:

I'd say about 50% of our bookings have kids with them. I love the couples only bookings where you only have one bed to make up, (and less washing/ironing) ah, heaven!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

What's wrong with teenage boys. I have two. :D :D
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

What's wrong with teenage boys. I have two.
Helen ..do you fancy having 3? :lol: ..I have one going spare!! :roll:
gh

Post by gh »

Crystal wrote:
What's wrong with teenage boys. I have two.
Helen ..do you fancy having 3? :lol: ..I have one going spare!! :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Point taken, you know what I mean when I said they are boisterous. We have three daughter's 19 and 2 x23 all holiday at our place with there fiance's/partners so first hand experience what the boys get up to. Thanks for the kind offer of spare's but 6 is enough for anyone :wink: :roll:
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

Don't undersetimate the number of parents that are prepared to take their children out of school. Virtually all my bookings are for families even out of school holidays.

Our pool slide is a big draw for kids and having 2 of my own we're well set up for them.
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Our playroom is the great draw - it was a detached double garage with cavity walls and we've insulated, carpeted and put in furniture, tv, video, dvd, games, books and tapes. Parents can have peaceful evenings with an empty house!

John
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Well,well,well!!!!! what a surprise!! I did the figures and it turned out to be under 30% of people who booked had children.I am really surprised by this and glad I did the calculation!!I counted actual bookings rather than weeks spent at our place-even July/ August was split 50:50. We have a lovely house ( 3 bedrooms,3 loos)with a fab pool and totally enclosed ,large,garden- on the face of it perfect for families.I suppose we are nearer the top(ish) end of the market and we do have antiques etc in some of the rooms.I do stress the elegance of the house.The more I am writing the less surprising it is becoming!!! Thankyou for spurring me on to do this research- it is an eye opener :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
debk

Post by debk »

Very interesting. Like Fraise, I hadn't reviewed our stats until this post. Was surprised to see that we have more families with children staying in the NON May to September timeslot.

In early January, my husband did a checkout which evolved into a long talk with the exiting parents and their two delightful teens. Their family policy: send the children to public school and use the money saved to travel the world. The children were both engaging and engaged so I'm rather hoping this educational policy will catch on!
debk
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

An interesting debate.

From July to end of August, all of our bookings have children (usually above 11 years of age). The same applies to UK school holidays.

Outside of holidays we get couples with under 5's (I agree with Soodyer here - lots of sticky finger marks, but probably worth it for the time of year!) or the "grey panthers". We love the grey panthers ~ and even go out for meals with them. Youngish grandparents who come away as couple out of season, probably semi-retired. I'm looking forward to being a grey panther as you get such good deals :D .