Catalan Villa Website - for review

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Catalan Villa

Catalan Villa Website - for review

Post by Catalan Villa »

This forum is excellent.

I have just started my site for my villa which should be completed in March/April. Comments PLEASE. http://www.catalanvilla.info

I have a problem with my googel search indexing. It sees my site but has not index and cache - any comments/ideas.
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Hi,

As you're at such an early stage in developing your property, let alone the web site :wink: , it's hard to be constructive.

In my ignorance, from the title I assumed your property would be in Spain, not France, so if I'd been looking for accommodation in France I might have passed by (though I accept that someone familiar with the area would not have shared my confusion).

I find your ever-changing header irritating, and I don't think it engenders the air of tranquility which the individual pictures seem to imply.

I don't find your headline very personal - I might interpret it as a listing site advertising several Catalan villas.

Obviously you need more pictures on the home page, but I realise that you can't really post them until the villa is complete. I look forward to seeing the finished article(s)!
Chalky

Catalan Villa

Thanks

Post by Catalan Villa »

Thanks I have made some changes based on your suggestions
Ju

Post by Ju »

I agree with the comment about Catalan being though of as Spain, although I grant you you are very near the border.

I would also contest your comment that it is convinient for Barcelona. I have recently done this drive, and it took about two and a half hours. This could be very distubing for guest who (say) decide to go for a day trip there and find themselves in the car for 5 hours.

Having looked at your days out page it is full, so you could take out any mention of Barcelona!

I do like the site in general, although more photographs are needed, especially for the front page.

Good luck.

Ju
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

I see you're referenced now but if you ever need to reference a new URL you can submit your URL to Google at the following webpage:

http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl

If you Google search 'submit url' you'll find a number of other engines to submit to as well.

It may just be my machine acting up (not unusual!) but I found the pages a bit slow to load - you can test this at:

http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

All the best - keep working at it!

Phil
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.