One month booking for May

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
CarolineH

One month booking for May

Post by CarolineH »

I have just had an enquiry for a couple who have stayed here during the winter months several times before for periods of between 1 month and 3 months, they are very nice, but are bargain hunters ...

They have asked me to quote them a price for one month's stay from 28th April. Last year they wanted all the month of April but I turned them down because I had already got lots of bookings for Easter and the royal wedding bank holiday weeks in April - there is also the new swimming pool.

The time before they turned down a month stay at 700 euros because it was too expensive.

My weekly rate until 24th May is 375 euros - what should I quote? Knowing that I probably won't be full for that period and some income would be better than none at all.
e-richard

Re: One month booking for May

Post by e-richard »

This is always a hard one to guess, but I feeel as if you've probably answered the question youself:
CarolineH wrote:... Knowing that I probably won't be full for that period and some income would be better than none at all.
Take your "best guess" estimate of what you think you might get in total if you did not take this booking, and that's the price.

Well +/- a bit depending on how much of a gambler you are ;-)
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

Longer bookings always 'sound good' to start with don't they ?

We had an enquiry a couple of months ago from the owner of a Golf course, who wanted to book our Gite for the whole of next Summer, whilst he was having a house built. He understandably wanted a good discount on what our peak rates are. It didn't take us long to work out that we will be much better off sticking with the weekly/fortnightly rates (based on our average occupancy levels).

Which month did they turn down the quote for 700 euros ?

Two weeks in April = 750 euros for you, so if you expect/hope to fill two of the four weeks, then anything less than that figure doesn't sound tooo tempting to me.

It depends of course on what your changeover/overhead costs are too.

Not sure if this helps ?
Ray
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Well 700 euros (as previously turned down) is more than a 50% discount, which seems like a bargain to me, so as e-r says, what's it worth to you?

There's no right or wrong answer, your rates are what suits you, and values your property and your facilities. Just don't undersell yourself, because you can't sell the time twice. :)