Cryptic comment

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Tizfata

Cryptic comment

Post by Tizfata »

I received this enquiry from "Terry" (I am always puzzled with names like Lesley, Cameron or Darryl...
In Italy we don't get that, except for "Andrea" that is usually for men but a few baby girls got this name and recently 2 different courts ruled that one girl in Southern Italy was allowed to have this name, while another one living in Emilia was not as it is "confusing"...).
We are a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 teenage girls)Holiday dates 28th July to 11th August 2012.We would like an apartment with enough bedrooms, we don't want to use a sofabed in the lounge as the adults often stay up later than the teenagers.Internet in the apartment is important.Please confirm availabilty for our dates and full price including extras.
I write back giving the options left for those dates:
- first floor apartment
- detached villa.
The villa is out of their budget so they concentrate on the apartment, asking for more pics and info.
2 days ago I got this, just this:
Thanks for the pics – looks good.
Regards, Terry
What should I do now. Is it an OK or not IYO?
Thanks!
Tiz
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Sounds to me like it's on their list of possibles, but they haven't decided yet. Maybe reply with a "thanks - do let us know if you'd like us to reserve it for you" type of response. I certainly wouldn't take it as a reason not to take other enquiries for the same period, although if one turned up it might be worth chasing "Terry".
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

Thank you Greenbarn!
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Totally agree. I would answer asking if they would like the dates reserved for a few days and stating what you need in order to treat it as a booking. (It isn't a booking for me until they have submitted the booking form from our site (we don't go for signatures or contracts) and the 50% deposit has been paid.)